It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: O'leary confident Cole will stay

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary is confident on-loan Chelsea striker Carlton Cole will be remain with the West Midlands club for the whole of the campaign.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been reported to want to take Cole back to Stamford Bridge on January 1 and there is a clause which allows the loan to be cut short.

But O'Leary is adamant the Blues have made no contact with Villa about taking Cole back in the New Year.

Cole was farmed out to Villa to gain Premiership experience and he has impressed O'Leary and also on England Under-21 duty, scoring in the Euro qualifiers with Austria and Poland.

O'Leary said: "I've heard nothing whatsoever from Chelsea and I am not worried. I'm just getting on with it.

"If you worried about speculation, you'd be dead in this job. You'd be answering every Tom, Dick and Harry story.

"I haven't got a clue what Chelsea will do. He is their player but we have him here - and I think he will be here until the end of the season. I definitely do."

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
by the sounds of cole's latest statement he wants to stay at villa park

"It's a make or break season for me," said Cole. "I need to settle down with one team and hopefully score some goals for them.

"I'm Chelsea's player and it's up to them to decide what they want to do with me.

"I've always wanted to play for Chelsea, but unless I'm going to in the team there I would rather stay at Villa."

link

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
o'leary is saying no1 is getting the guy while hes at the club

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary insists no one will be buying the club's on-loan striker Carlton Cole.

The England Under-21 international is spending the campaign at Villa Park after being allowed to build up his experience by Chelsea.

But there have been reports that Tottenham Hotspur want to sign the pacey forward on a permanent basis to add to their attacking options.

skysports.planetfootball.com...'Leary:+Cole+stays+with+us&channel=Football_Home

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

David O'Leary will inform Carlton Cole whether he has a future at Aston Villa after the final game of the season.

The on-loan striker has been disappointing since joining from Premiership champions Chelsea in the summer, netting just three times during the current campaign.

O'Leary has been granted a transfer war chest by Villa supremo Doug Ellis, and has publicly stated his desire to bring in a striker to enhance his attacking options.

link

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i think cole was better when he was at charlton i think it was, 3 goals aint good but then again, i dont know how many times he has featured.

mourhino hasnt said he is part of his plans, and i dont think that will be the case.

i wonder if charlton will come back in for him?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think he will settle at Villa, he won't get a look in at Chelski and after the way he treated Charlton he won't be going back to the Valley.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
buying berger on a free, and cole, he is peanutes right? it not really big name signings with this money he is supposed to have.

he aint done that well by the sounds of it at aston villa

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yeah but Villa are not a high scoring team and he's played up front on his own alot. With Angel back firing they couldbe good together.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
hehe... i didnt realise he was stuck up front himself, hehe.. he did well to score any goals then lol

up front you have angel who is good, but cole aint going to make this amazing strikeforce, angel everyone knows him and he is good but with cole. i cant see it being a scary partnership for opponents

i wonder if any of teams who are going up will move for him?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Cole has a good touch, pace, strength and aerial ability, you can't ask for much more!

Angel needs someone to play balls into him which is what Cole can do so I wouldn't dismiss it straight away.

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cole looks quite a good prospect and could play much better next season. Chelsea won't hang on to him and i reckon they will get him pretty cheap..

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yer. i doubt he would cost alot and that would possible save them from splashing out on loads as they want Distin too.

i wonder if they would join the chase for Forrsell? it might be to late though

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Could do as he failed the medical at Everton.

top topics

join