It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa: O'Leary keen for new contract

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is ready to step up talks with chairman Doug Ellis over a new contract. O'Leary has 18 months of his current deal to run and Ellis told Villa's annual general meeting that giving O'Leary a new deal was a top priority.

Former Leeds boss O'Leary said: "If they want to offer me a new contract, I want to stay here."

Before committing himself O'Leary will also seek assurances from Ellis on the size of his team-building budget.

link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hes doing really well, i think the villa fans will want him to stay and i think the chairman will too, although that ellis has a repuation for doing away with managers

for him to continue improving the squad, he will need a bit more to spend but hes doing great so far

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
heres a liltle update on the situation with O'Leary saying hes happy

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is still to waiting for the club to offer him a new deal.

The Irishman has invited Villa to extend his current contract insisting he is happy to stay at Villa Park.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can't see why they wouldn't offer him a new deal as he has done a good job so far. Things havn't exactly got off to a flyer this season but they will improve.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i think i was wrong about o'leary, at his days at leeds, i thought he was just a manager who could make a team by spending non stop,

he aint got that kind of resource at villa and is doing well..so, i think he well worth the contract

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a update on the sitution

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis believes that David O'Leary will sign a new contract with the club imminently.

O'Leary suggested recently that he was close to sealing a new deal, and Ellis is confident his manager is true to his word.

"The contract is now in the hands of the lawyers, and it is not a problem," said Ellis.

link

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He has done a good job at Villa so far, but lack of funds have halted him a bit.

Most of the big sides have their managers in place, but if o'neil leaves Celtic in the forseable future O'leary could head north of the border.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
yer. i have often thought if we didnt have o'neill that o'leary would be linked. i think one day if the oppurtunity happened he could end up here

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hes signed a new contract

"I always wanted to remain with Villa but it was important to me that Roy and Steve, who are an integral part of my team, should also stay for the same length of time," commented the Irishman.

Chairman Doug Ellis was understandably pleased to have ended the negotiations positively.

"David's record since his arrival in 2003 is excellent and he shares the board's ambitions to continue taking the club forward," he told Villa's official website.

"For this reason, it was important we got this right, bearing in mind this contract keeps David at the club until 2008.

"David can now concentrate on continuing the job he began at the start of last season."

top topics

join