It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 Sightings ive seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, i live in the Central valley of CA, only about 40 miles from a military base which launches U2's. About 2 months ago (close to end of Iraq War), it was late one night 1AM-2AM, and while arriving from a friends, I noticed something up in the sky that was not the color of the night sky. As i followed it with my eye for a few seconds (was moving fast) I came to the conclusion it was infact a U2 spyplane. Note: It was pitch dark and no moon, seems like a perfect time to launch one. I was thinking some of you might be interested. But correct me if im wrong. No lights were on either and the body was skinny with small width but long length wings.

JJ

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Can I ask you what base you live close to that flies U2s?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
hmmm one must think Beal since that is where all repairs and
overhauls on aircraft are done.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My great-uncle (deceased now) was a U2 test pilot for Lockheed. Neat planes, although not much help to Gary Powers (LOL!). He flew out of Groom Lake though not California. Hard to believe how long ago we had that tech. I didn't think we still flew them. Thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wier Any Way You Can Get A Pic?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The platform of the U2 is very adaptable outfitted with modern electronics and probably a fresh coat of anti radar skin it still could be used today because of the planes almost sub orbitial cursing celling

new topics

top topics

join