It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: identification of memorabilia ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
hi , i have discovered a very strange peice of Arsenal memorabillia - a sheet of A4 paper covered in signitures , it is on printed arsenal footbal club ltd printed stationary and has the adress of " arsenal stadium , london N5 "

but there is no date , or any other text to put it in any sort of context

the names that are obvious are :

" Ronnie Rook "

Alf Feilds "

" Norman Smith

" Paddy Sloan "

others seem to be :

"Jimmie Logie"

"Louis Delany "

" Leslie Crompton"

and others i cannot even start to identify .

any arsenal expert hazeard an identification of this -- why , when ? it was written etc

and lastly i am affraid -- the mercenary question - is it valuable ?

here is a picture , hat shows the contition -- 2 peices have become detatched -- and its been very badly folded

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
HOLA!

Hmmmm.. can't be of much help to you here.

I googled some of the names and the players were playing by the looks of it around 1945- 1950

No idea if its worth something, i would imagine it depends on how succesful they were back then

Maybe one of the other guys on here can be of more help

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can ask about for you as i know quite a few memorabilia dealers and see what they say...

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'll need a picture thou...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hi - a bit of digging ( well actually getting other people to do my homework lol ) has indicated that its most likley tp contain all the team autographs from the 1947 / 48 season -- as 2 siginitures from the 1946 team are conspicuous by thier absence ( so i am told )

TRD -- here is a photo :

img158.imageshack.us...

TIA for offering to use your contacts to find out more about it

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Looking at it Rooke and Mercer didnt join Arsenal untill 1946, so yeah it definatly has to be then or afterwards. But Don Roper was signed in 1947 for 10 grand by Arsenal so that definatly rules out 1946. It wouldnt matter if some was missing as they just might have not signed but Roper couldnt have signed untill at least 1947. Laurie Scott left Arsenal in 1951 so it has to be before then. Also i cant see Doug Lishman and Harold Peter Goring on there and they signed in 1948 so the 1947 date looks about right..

As for worth, not sure what a single sheet of just signatures could be worth. Its in pieces but that could be repaired.. As i said i'll try to ask around..

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok i emailed a guy i know who should be able to put a value if anything on it.

One question, where did you get it from and was there more stuff, pictures, programmes, tickets ect ect as there might be something that is valuable that you might think isnt.

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok i got 1 mail back. This guy has been collecting and dealing in football memorabilia for over 30 years and i would say he is a bit of an expert, ive known him for over 5 years. Heres what he said.

not easy to price because of condition, i have just had 2 lots of autos go through an auction from the 40's, autograph page from a book with min 20GBP on them, they were wolves and bolton, dont know yet what they have sold for
regards

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I asked him if 50 pounds was too much, hope this helps, but i would say it could be worth 10 pounds or 100 pounds, who knows...

it depends who wants it, some would pay that much others would not, another thing to look at is did they win anything that season and how many of the players are dead, as once a player has died and you cannot get his auto they tend to fetch a bit more.

new topics

top topics

join