It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of Checkpoints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
EVERYBODY BUY THIS BOOK !!

'A former Israeli soldier who served three years in the Gaza Strip has described Israeli treatment of Palestinian civilians as befitting �animals, criminals, and thieves.�

Staff Sergeant Liaran Ron Furer has written a book on his experience as an Israeli soldier manning roadblocks throughout the Gaza Strip.

The book, Titled �Checkpoints-Twilight Zone,� contains personal testimonies and often brash accounts of the daily harassment and humiliation inflicted by young Israeli soldiers on Palestinian civilians.

Among the accounts narrated by Furer are stories of soldiers having souvenir pictures with Palestinians they had beaten up, soldiers pissing on the heads of a Palestinian because the man had the nerve to smile at a soldier and how one soldier, nicknamed Dado, forced a Palestinian to stand on four legs and bark like a dog....'

full article

direct link

My comment - Israel doesn;t allow people to film what happens at checkpoints. Even BBC and CNN are banned from filming there. This book should shed light on why.

For years Palestinians have been crying abuot the treatment they get at these checkpoints, and the world has ignored them. I urge everyone to buy the book and make it headline news, because I struggled to find any information about this book.

Anyone find out where I can buy it, please let me know !

~Messiah~

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Book sounds good. Info is good.

I just have to say DUH
We know how the Israelis feel about Palestine and the Palestinians. Of course they treat them like dogs. Thats their land, according to some god thing. And they can treat them like this, in their minds rightly, because of the words of some kinda god.

And the US takes up for these bastards? What right do they have?

BTW did you try searching on Amazon.com, wwviews?

Think I'll try that myself.

new topics

join