Arsenal: Arsenal - Champions league final.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They havnt conceded a goal in the last 10 champions league games and are looking good for the final. The only hurdle is Ronaldinho and Barcelona...

From the season they have had, i didnt think they would make it that far. And i bet all the fans are praying that they win so Henry stays at the club. In the second half of the season they have got things going, they did have alot of injuries but they definatly have got it going now.

Its going to be a tough game and i wouldn't like to call the winner to be honest. But what makes me laugh is what the papers are people are saying. First London team could win the final, England fly the flag in Europe ect... Excuse me!!! There has hardly been an Englishman on the field for Arsenal in the Champions league and some games none at all....

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Arsenal have really suprised me in Europe and they have even managed to fight for the 4th place spot. A while back it looked like they were going to crumble, i remember they could hardly string 2 wins together.

With Arsenal going on this European run, even Jens Lehmann has major improved as of late. Hes still hot-headed but hes came on leaps and bounds and i believe hes now the German No 1? And what makes me wonder is, if they didnt have all these injuries would they have got as far?

When i look at Arsenal these days, when its Eboue, Flamini, Senderos and Toure, they backline is sooo attacking. If big Sol had been playing more, would that have screwed the balance. I think being so attacking in Europe has suited them. Against Villerieal the other night they couldnt perform, they did get the result but over the course of 2 legs i would say the Spaniards were the better team. Were as, with Barcelona, they were the better team against AC over 2 legs.

They will so need Henry to peform, what makes me wonder is. Will Wenger go with just Henry upfront and the 5 in the middle? Arsenals best weopon is Henry and if he has a stinker, which just like he did the other day i dont see any hope.

With Ronaldinho likely to be up against Eboue at right back, whos still young and learning. I think on paper Barcelona are the better team, and i think they should win but Arsenal getting this far, beating Real i didnt think would happen and it did. One thing for sure, their will be goals. Barcelona hardly play a game in which they dont score, same with Arsenal most of the time.

I think Messi and Xavi should be back for Barcelona too. And its been over 10 years since Barcelona won a big cup in Europe which is surprising since the size and fame of the club on the European stage. 2 English teams winning the Champs League in consectuive years too, i cant see it. When was the last time that happened with any nation?

Good point at the end, the other night must have been the first time in ages since an English player actually played for Arsenal

Over the past 2 years, 4 games against Barcelona the team who has gave them the hardest games IMO is Chelsea. And even though Chelsea have been slipping up lately they are still pretty much ahead of all the other teams in England.

I think Arsenal will score, i will go for a 3 - 1 victory for Barcelona

TRD

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A good result today for Arsenal, they beat Wigan 4-2 and Henry got a hat-trick. Great way to end the season and with Spurs getting beat by the Hammers, it guarentees Arsenal in the Champions League, well i think its the qualifiers isnt it?

Should take a bit of pressure off for the final.

Ashley Cole look good and Sol Campbell did ok aswell, but they did still look a little sus at the back but gteat comming forward. The final could be in for a glut of goals...

aj7

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
aresnal are gona lose
aresnal are gona lose
aresnal are gona lose
:party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think it will be a good game, Barcelona as far as i am concerned play the best football in Europe. So many good players and they need to win the Cup since they aint done it in ages, they are the bigger glamour club whos been missing it.

Arsenal got 4th spot which was soo important for them, i cant see them winning.

I would like to think they will get horsed but i dunno, i think Arsenal will score but Barcelona.... how many games do they play were they dont score 2 or 3 goals?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Without henry Arsenal are NOTHING!! If Henry goes, then I think that Arsenal will lose Fabregas and Cole as well. Without them they will be a mid-table side.:angry-smiley-034:

Arsenal are gonna lose!!!!!!!!!!!:angry-smiley-034::angry-smiley-034::angry-smiley-034::angry-smiley-034::angry-smiley-034:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm watching that right now on ESPN and its pretty good. Arsenal is up by 1.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They don't deserve to be. It was a dive and barce's goal should have stood.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And Barcelona wins

TRD

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great game, i thought Arsenal was going to hold on. They had some great chances to go 2-0 up aswell but couldn't find the back of the net. Barca was just too strong against the 10 men and it showed in the last 10 mins..

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good game and am happy with the result hehe.......

I thought Barcelona would be the better side by miles but to be honest it was much closer than i thought it would be. 5 minutes into the game and Arsenal could have been in the lead and were looking good. I thought they were keeping the ball better and looked much sharper, which has been the case against every team they have played in Europe this season.

And then bang! The sending off! i thought by the looks of it, Barcelona wanted the goal rather than the keeper getting sent off. Though its impossible to say what would have happened if the goal had stood.

Arsenal scoring was a suprise, the thing with Barcelaon though they are great going forward they do concede and when that cross from the free-kick went in you could see big Sol getting on the end of it.

But as time went on Barcelona had a few chances, Eto'o hitting the post, Guily was making alot of runs into the box but at the same time Henry was floating around and in the 2nd half could have took a 2 nil lead.

The subs worked for the Catalan giants though, i thought Iniesta made a big difference compared to the Brazilian bloke, i prefer Iniesta to him and think he should have started the game, hes way more composed and a better passer. Belleti came on and scored, who i think is a way better right back than Oleguer, whos alright. Good defending but going forward he cant do it. Nice to see Henrik come on too and play a part in both goals.

But jeeze! Barcelona had to work hard to win but i think they were the better team. They created more and although it was against 10 men, i think overall during the champs league thats been the case. If the goal in the 1st half had stood, it would have been 1 nil Barcelona 11 v 11 men

Still, unlucky Arsenal. They did better than i thuoght they wre capable of

TRD

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah i thought Arsenal deserved a pat on the back for their effort.

But Barcalona do look like they can turn it in at any time. They have players all over the park capable of doing it. Looks like they will be the dominant force in Europe for a few years to come if they signed a couple more quality players. Chelsea will give them a run for their money though now they have signed Ballack and are trying to get Schvenko..

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah unlucky gunners, i think it's safe to say west ham & arsenal are now good friends after what we did to help them get 4th & all, good to see clubs get on well. Nothing worse than proper hooliganism, anyway back to the final, great game, not as good as FA cup final but still plenty of skill & action, I must admit I only watch barca to see Ronaldhinio & guily play really, I love there style so much, some people disagree & say its not about that but it seems that nowadays, its all that matters & makes football so enjoyable to both watch & play. Well done barca, unlucky again Arsenal, I guess the better team won on the night but u have to feel for Henry the most. R:sport-smiley-019:naldihnio rocks

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah TRD..... i think Barcelona can still improve too and i think they will add maybe another 2 class players to there squad.

They have Xavi to come back from injury same with Messi, out is going Larsson and i think this argentian striker they have, whos a dud. I forgot to add before, i thought Deco played a good game, i thought at Porto he was great but i think hes improved big time.

I was disapointed to see Ronaldinho start as the main striker for Barcelona Hammerboy, i dont feel hes as effective there but i guess they wanted Eto'o on the left to work hard and keep it tight at the start. But once Ronaldino came out left i thuoght he improved, it wasnt his best game but at times you can see hes got the most skill by far. The way he can delay and delay and then spot a pass is brilliant.

I think Chelsea are just about on teh same level as Barcelona, there aint much between the teams

Ironic though, the german in goals whos been playing brilliant got sent off and i heard one of the commentators say Walcott is faster than Henry?

aj7

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck

arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suckarsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck

arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck
arsenal suck:party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well said aj7:party-smiley-018:

aj7

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i know i am really smart arnt i :party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well its not hard to see that they are S***

aj7

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
good point

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
They were lucky to get to the final of the champions league. They won't next time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join