It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Emirates Staduim 50% done

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Arsenal Football Club has today reached the half way stage in construction of its new 60,000 capacity home, Emirates Stadium, which is on schedule to be completed by August 2006, in time for the start of the 2006/07 season.

Since construction commenced in February 2004, an amazing 2,159,820 man hours have gone into building the stadium so far. This would amount to one man working on site non-stop for an incredible 89,992 days or 246 years and 6 months. There have been over 3,000 workers on site since the project began, with a current average of 935 construction workers per day.

A number of major construction milestones have been achieved to date; a £60+ million Waste and Recycling Centre was built at Hornsey Street, N7, to replace the old Ashburton Grove Waste Transfer facility situated on the new stadium site; two pedestrian bridges, 14 metres and 22 metres wide and weighing 360 and 1,050 tonnes respectively, were positioned along the eastern edge of the new stadium; and both the north and south sections of the roof structure, amounting to over 3,000 tonnes of tubular steel, were successfully lifted into place in December 2004 and April 2005.

source

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

[Edited on 6/12/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I've been to alot of stadiums over the years, but by the looks of the new Arsenal stadium, it's going to be awesome...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yip. in the first picture you get to see Highbury and wow! look at the size of this stadium compared to it.

this Staduium too.. i think it can hold about 15000 more than Highbury can.

And thats the half way point completed. so it looks like they are in course for getting it done in the timescale they have but its looking really good!

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I've always thought Highbury was a cack-hole. The pitch is the smallest in the Prem, you sit too far away from the pitch in certain places.. Outside the ground and the facilities are pretty poor aswell...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
yip. i know what you mean.

when you see highbury on the TV, the camera is always too low and too close to the ground in my opinion.

But.... i think staduums are part of the team, its hard to think of arsenal not being at Highbury

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The world is full of changes, but looking at that first pic it isn't as if they have moved a million miles away. It's right on Highburys doorstep lol..

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yip. it look like maybe only 1 or 2 miles away.

and thats good for the fans, rather than a huge journey away.

whats going to happen to highbury?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
yip. in the first picture you get to see Highbury and wow! look at the size of this stadium compared to it.

this Staduium too.. i think it can hold about 15000 more than Highbury can.

And thats the half way point completed. so it looks like they are in course for getting it done in the timescale they have but its looking really good!

Highbury holds 38,500 but Ashburton Grove is going to hold 60,000 fans

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I've always thought Highbury was a cack-hole. The pitch is the smallest in the Prem, you sit too far away from the pitch in certain places.. Outside the ground and the facilities are pretty poor aswell...

Its not a cackhole, but very small. We have to have a special grant to play in the champions league beause of the size of the pitch

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
yip. it look like maybe only 1 or 2 miles away.

and thats good for the fans, rather than a huge journey away.

whats going to happen to highbury?

Highbury is going to be redeveloped, the link below shows what is hapening

www.arsenal.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's a terrible pitch! The atmosphere is not the best at games either.

This stadium has gone up quick, Wembley take note.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
thanks Dilly, i wasnt aware what the situation was going to be with the stadium..

guess we will have to wait and see

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
It's a terrible pitch! The atmosphere is not the best at games either.

This stadium has gone up quick, Wembley take note.

Ill agree actaully but its unique lol thats what i can say, the atmosphere isnt bad sometimes but the new stadium will be 10 times better

[Edited on 6/22/05 by dilly]

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm not being funny but in the 30 years i have been to away games up and down the country, for such a big club like Arsenal it is a cack-hole.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh yeh it is and im not saying the new stadium is going to be crap, infact its going to be absolutly amazing. But as an Arsenal fan im bound to be a bit biased, watching your team on a small but amazing playing surface, nothing beats it

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
By the looks of it the new stadium is going to be amazing, an improvement ten-fold. I shall be making the trip down there to see what it is like. Should be good seeing West Ham grab 3 points in a new stadium!

<<   2 >>

join