It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Gunners target Ricardo

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Arsenal are poised to sign Portuguese goalkeeper Ricardo from Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal have been searching for a goalkeeper following the inconsistant performances of Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia and may see the highly rated 29-year-old as the ideal solution, according to The Daily Star.

Ricardo, whose penalty shootout exploits ended England's Euro 2004 dreams, would relish a move to the Premiership.

LINK

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Dodgy keeper! Rather stick with Jens.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
hehe.

i know the one thing that makes me wonder about this keeper is that he comes off his line quite alot.

but, i sorta like that in a keeper, rather than punting the ball up the park and always waiting for the ball to come in to the box, come out and pass at to the next player.

i think with Lehammsn performance in the cup, can he keep it up cos on that performance he proved hes good. its really, how consistent can he be and about his temper too, can he cool it?

i think there talk that guy taylor is going to leave aswell, leaving lehmann and almunia. the latter aint exactly great, hes always going to be a fringe player i reckon.

why did arsenal ever get rid of manniger, i thought he was great!

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Another dodgy keeper imo, but it looks like Arsenal are liking this guy and are going to make a serious move..

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Jens is very consistant, it's his temper that worries me.

I'd rather my keeper punted the ball up to the strikers than tried to play around passing too much. Look what happened when Barthez (who was supposed to be the best keeper with the ball at his feet) used to do it.

new topics

top topics

join