It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Barca to target Henry?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard has confirmed his interest in Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

Spanish sources have insisted for a number of weeks that Barca were intent on mounting a bid for the French star. Both Arsenal and Henry have continually stressed for loyalty to each other, but like Real Madrid did with Patrick Vieira last summer - Barca will look to strain that relationship to the maximum.

LINK

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Henry loves Arsenal, Arsenal love Henry, aparently we are prepared to break our tight wage structure so that we can keep Henry, and i cant see him leaving the club for a few more seasons yet

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Its the last player i would be expecting to leave Arsenal, but you never know. He might fancy a new challenge but i honetly can't see him going...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
to be honest. i think Barca are just trying there luck and to be honest, they allowed too but at the end of the day. Henry is like arsenal. its hard to imaging them without him so i reckon. he is going to stay.

the best bet he leaves is the day wenger leaves

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
noticed in the article, it says its expected Barca will double there bid which is going to come out at 32 million.

i dont think arsenal are going to bite at that figure, but.. what would tempt them to sell him? i mean, like, would arsenal sell him at all? unless he wanted to go of course

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can't see him going, not just yet... Prise him away? hrmm 45million + might get a reaction from Arsenal. Doesn't matter how good he is, money talks...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Barcelona president Joan Laporta insists the Spanish champions have not made a bid for Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

Reports have suggested that the Catalan giants had dangled Samuel Eto'o as bait in an attempt to persuade Arsenal into selling The Premiership's top scorer.

Frank Rijkaard has already confirmed he is interested in Henry, while Ludovic Giuly and Ronaldinho have both urged the France international to move to Camp Nou.

link

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
He won't go just yet.

top topics

join