It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Bergkamp might quit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
it does make a good fitting what you said there Dilly,

has that really been 10 years hes been at arsenal, it sure dont feel it.

this guy Robin van Persie is starting to look good, maybe he will be playing much more in place of Berkgamp

and hehe.. am sure i have heard those commentators say it Teflon lol

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have haeard something about Bergkamps acceleration being quite quick and one of the quickest at the club, but acceleration is how quick you are starting so maybe in a distance he wouldnt be so quick

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
hehe... hey, i knew i werent going insane, thats what am on about lol.

do you think, after he does retire, that he could get a coaching job at arsenal or would be go back home with ajax or just retire all together?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think he will retire fullstop rather than go into coaching, seems a shame because he would have alot to offer.

Dilly, that would be great if it happened, last game ever before the move.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
well.. its looking like he is getting a deal to stay, and i think he will accept

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood says Dennis Bergkamp can rest assured that he will be offered a new deal in the summer.

The gifted Dutchman is in the final weeks of his contract and has yet to be offered fresh terms from the Highbury paymasters.

Bergkamp said recently that he would head off into the sunset should The Gunners not hand him an extra season in The Premiership, but it would appear as if the former Ajax man will get the chance to play on for one more campaign.

link

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
At least they are giving someone a contract

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Bergkamp is a legend, one of the best players ever, that goal he scored in the world cup took my breath away, arsenal and arsen wenger has improved the football in this country+the england players have had to improve ot keep up. BIG UP BERGKAMP!!!!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
looks like he is staying

He will be granted another 12-month stay which will see him extend his time at Highbury into an eleventh season.

Speaking to the BBC, Bergkamp stated: "I'll be here (next season), yes. It will be okay."

When asked if he had been offered a new deal, he added: "For one year, yes."

link

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
sounds like its going to happen, or has happened. he still puts himself around a great deal and tries really hard, you wouldnt think he is the age he is

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
He played ok yesterday and if they don't give him a new contract at least he went out winning something. They need to keep him just for his experience to pass on to the younger players. Anyone think he might stay on after in a coaching role?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i think it would be great if he does, there are sooo many young talented guys at arsenal

i think if berkgamp went, i want a to coach ajax will come after him, and if that happens, i think he would go to ajax.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join