It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Pires wants new deal - Lyon bound?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Robert Pires wants to commit his future to Arsenal and sign a new deal. The 31-year-old has just over a year left on his current deal at Highbury but he is now looking to extend that further. The Gunners have never been keen on handing huge deals to players in their 30s and a two-year offer is likely to be the best the Frenchman can expect.

LINK

[Edited on 19/4/05 by TRD]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i think it will still be a good deal for him, i think he isnt as good as he was last season. am sure there would be a buckload of teams wanting him though.

he is still one of the better players there so, its good news if he stays. it saves buying a replacement, and for him to be replaced, we are talking 10 million odds i think

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Pires is a great player on his day, but its not always his day. He is an in and out player but a must to have in the team.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Arsenal Wenger has warned Robert Pires he will not be offered a long-term deal to extend his stay at Arsenal. Pires has just one more season left on his current deal and has made it clear he wants to pen a new one. The former Marseille star is believed to be looking for an extended contract to see him end his playing days at Highbury, but Wenger insists he will only be offered a year-to-year deal - as has been the case with Dennis Bergkamp.

LINK

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i think thats good enough for pires, if it did happen and wenger says i dont want you. am sure there plenty of teams who would take him..

on occasions, he can win you matches and do that moment of magic.

with henry and all the other french guys, i cant see him leaving

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Robert Pires admits he would be open to a switch to Lyon as he waits to resolve his Arsenal future. The gifted midfielder is out of contract at the end of next season and there have yet to be any talks regarding any extension. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that, if Pires wants to stay at Highbury, he will have to accept just a one-year extension. Pires is willing to remain in North London but the 32-year-old is not ruling out the possibility of leaving Arsenal in the summer.

LINK

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
He's just trying to get the best deal he can at Arsenal, i don't think he wants to leave.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I can't see him leaving either. It's hype as you say Sir to get the deal he wants.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i wonder if lyon would swap juninho perecumbo (something like that) for pires lol that guy is supposed to be class lol.

what age is pires now, i cant see him ending his career in england, and linking up in a french team with wiltor, i guess thats the stuff which would appeal to him

still...i think hes got another season in him for arsenal

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think he could end up finishing his career at Arsenal, like Bergkamp. As long as they keep challenging for the title and stuff i don't see why he would want to leave. There is a big challenge at Arsenal... To win the Champions League, you think he would leave without doing that?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
they will be challenging for the league and trying there best at europe, but will he realise he aint going to win the champions league there lol.

i dont think he wil be playing the game aslong as berkgamp, i think the latter is a few years older? hehe

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think he will leave, he's not getting a first team place as much as before although he has scored alot of goals this season.

If they can cash in maybe it will help fund a move for Wright-Phillips.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
there was a time, when it was the freddie - pires connection and they linked up so well. but they dont feature as often these days as one of them is always out injured just about.

there is talk of freddie going aswell, and reyes leaving, thats 3 wide players so one of them i reckon will leave,

i think out of them all, pires will generate the least ammonut of money

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'd agree with that, I think if Freddie left he would go to Barca.

Be very interesting to see who leaves and who stays.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
with pearce in charge of man city now, has the talk of wright phillips leaving stopped? i wonder if he would stay under the new manager.

if he did leave, the only club i can see him going to his arsenal, i think there was talk he would get the number 8 shirt. ian wright wants him to get that, does he know something we dont?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think he will move, maybe not in the summer but soon.
Arsenal would be the club I think.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Arsenal? No chance! Ian Wright spoke out that if he was playing today he would pick Chelsea everytime over Arsenal. You think he won't have a say in where Shaun goes?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
That's not what he said. He said that if he were playing at Palace and Chelsea came in for him he would choose Chelsea over Arsenal, he never said if he were an established player or anything like that.

He will have a say but he doesn't live his life for him, Arsenal would idiolise Wright-Phillips if he went there.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i wonder if Barca will swoop for Pires

Barcelona have refused to comment on speculation linking them with a summer swoop for Arsenal star Robert Pires.

The French winger has just one more year left on his current contract at Highbury and has been warned he will only be offered yearly deals when that expires.

Although Pires insists he is keen to remain at Highbury, The Gunners' refusal to hand him an extended deal has led to speculation he could move on in search of a more attractive proposal.

link

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Would be a nice addition to the squad if they can get him, didn't see that one coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join