It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Almunia pleased with penalty saves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Arsenal's Manuel Almunia has spoken of the importance of his performance against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The Spanish keeper was the hero for Arsene Wenger's side as he saved two penalty kicks and looked comfortable throughout the high-pressure shootout that ensued after a 0-0 stalemate.

The FA Cup fifth round win represented a change in fortunes for the 27-year-old as he had recently fallen out-of-favour at the North London side, with Jens Lehmann usurping his place in the side.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw them and i thought he did well and sort of redeemed himself a bit. He has recieved alot of flak and this could be a turning point for him but i wouldn't hold my breath lol!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Decent penalty stopper and shot stopper, dreadful collector for crosses and square balls, hopelessly out of position sometimes. Man Utd at home for example

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yer, i think with the stick he has been getting, he did look good during the game. didnt see the penalty saves, but saving a couple he did good, things like that make you the hero again.

remember pegguy arpheux at leicester, he always seemed to come on just for the penalty shoot outs lol

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Manuel Almunia has spoken of both his relief and delight following Arsenal's elimination of Sheffield United in the FA Cup.

Arsenal needed penalties to dispatch their Championship counterparts, with Almunia proving the hero following two shoot-out saves.

Arsene Wenger had a squad shorn of several of his top names, with Almunia keen to point out the achievement of winning whilst understrength.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I bet he is delighted at being the hero for a change lol!

new topics

top topics

join