It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Cambell out, team news for Munich game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed Sol Campbell will miss their UEFA Champions League clash with Bayern Munich.

The English champions travel to Germany on Tuesday for the crucial clash in the first knockout phase of Europe's premier club competition.

Wenger had been hoping that Campbell - injured in the defeat to Manchester United earlier this month - would make the match at The Olympic Stadium, but his ankle has not healed as well as expected.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the loss of cambell is a huge blow, i think toure is good enough for first team, hes went on to be a really good player.

cygan, maybe in some games hes good enough, but for a huge clash like this, you dont fancy him doing well..

"But Thierry (Henry) I think will be fit.

if he doesnt play, its even worse for them? am not sure, did he pick up a minor injury,

"Ashley Cole could be short but it is not definite yet."

more bad news, with cambell out, you would hope that no more defenders are missing. if he does miss out, young gael clichy could take left back, as hes done it before

justin hoyte, i have seen dilly mention him before on here, could he perhaps make a appearence in central defense?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Justin Hoyte is currently injured so he cant play

I have to say, for once i am going to jump to Cygans defence, hes better then that even more wretched clown senderos, who is even more worse then cygan

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
woah, hes out injured too....i wouldnt like to see the subs defender wise, will there be any

you have the new guy though, another ivory coast player, maybe he could feature if hes not cup tied.

why does wenger have these duds in defense?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
hargreaves puts praise for wenger

Ahead of the UEFA Champions League clash between the two sides, Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves has praised Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

The England international is preparing to take on The Gunners at the Olympia Stadion on Tuesday, and described how Wenger would be an ideal boss to work under.

Canadian-born Hargreaves has never disguised his admiration for English football, and has come close to a transfer to Liverpool in the past.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

new topics

top topics

join