It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger promised more money to strengthen *eyes big name stars*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Arsene Wenger has been promised funds to strengthen his Arsenal squad in the summer.

The Gunners supremo has been forced to tighten the purse strings in recent seasons, mainly due to the funding required to turn their new proposed stadium at Ashburton Grove into reality.

With obstacles to the stadium being steadily overcome and The Gunners set to receive a financial boost from a deal struck with broadcaster ITV four years ago, Wenger has been promised funds to add strength to his squad.

link

[Edited on 3/6/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
wonder how much we are talking here for strengthing the team,

with wenger, he never used to go out and buy big all the time, he would unearth top class youngsters who where good enough, just look at anelka and vieria for a example

now though, with the money chelsea are spending, and man utd. they really need to spend more money on proven top class players to challenge for the title.

i fear if they dont, they will slowly drift away from the top 2

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Arsene Wenger has vowed only to make big-name signings this summer, with Michael Owen's name again cropping up as a possible target along with Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Wenger has seemingly missed out on the Premiership crown this term, with injuries to key players exposing a lack of depth to his squad.

Youngsters such as Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini, Robin van Persie and Justin Hoyte have been thrust into more action than Wenger would have liked this term.

link

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He is going to get 30 million, but it all depends on who and how much as to how many p;layers he buys.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
if its 30 million, how much of that would shaun wright phillips take up? its easy got to be 10 million.

i think he needs about 4 new top class players

TRD

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
10 million? Try 20-30million for him...

He won't go to Arsenal as they won't be able to afford that amount.

Wheres he play left or right wing? I forgot lol!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i think hes a right hand man

anelka didnt go for as much as i thought he would when he left. i dunno if man city are in a situation to hold out for as much money as they can get for him

TRD

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They are in big debt and i think he definatly will be sold. Me thinks he will definatly go to Chelski, Robben on the left and Wrighty on the right. Mourinho hasn't said much on him but i bet he is no1 on there list. They won't let a player like him slip by....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yer, sometimes its the teams not keep quiet and sneak in at the end get there man.

it sounds a impressive wing force, but what bout duff?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has confirmed Arsene Wenger will have the funds to add to his squad during the summer.

With Arsenal busy building their new stadium at Ashburton Grove there had been fears that Wenger would be unable to strengthen his hand in the close season.

Wenger is likely to make cosmetic changes to his squad in an attempt to wrestle the Premiersh

link

top topics

join