It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Gunners to appeal Bergkamp red *rejected*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed the club will appeal against Dennis Bergkamp's sending off against Sheffield United.

The Dutch maestro saw red after a confrontation with Danny Cullip during the 1-1 draw in the FA Cup fifth round at Highbury.

However, television replays showed little contact from Bergkamp, with team-mate Jose Antonio Reyes seemingly the guilty party.

link

[Edited on 2/23/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
hehe...sounds like bergkamp was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

it sounds like they have a strong case for the sending off to get taken away. though, it says he did push the player so there was contact

reyes though, if he does get this ban, for 3 games, it makes you wonder how he is feeling at arsenal

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Dennis Bergkamp's appeal against his dismissal in the FA Cup tie versus Sheffield United has been rejected.

The Dutchman was captain for the day in Saturday's FA Cup fifth round game, but his match ended prematurely when he was given his marching orders by referee Neale Barry for an altercation with Danny Cullip.

Jose Antonio Reyes appeared to be the major culprit in the skirmish, sparked because Arsenal players felt Cullip had stamped on Cesc Fabregas.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wasn't it for him giving the ref some lip aswell? They must have a case for it to be rejected..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
haha...i never realised he was captain for the day, well done dennis

i think the defense was, the hands where used or something but there was no intent, i think i read it that way? hehe

maybe they feel there was intent

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Now reyes has also been banned from the same matches as bergkamp.

Even worse we are with 2 recognised strikers, and van persie is also a bit inexperienced its not looking good upfront

TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yep doesn't look too good at all for the Gooners.. Are they going to be out for the Champions League game in 2 weeks?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well... van persie has just proved to be a bunker nut,

i dunno about the big game fast approaching though, arsenal can do it but they will have to play there best and hope bayern stink.

whats your thoughts Dilly

new topics

top topics

join