It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Dein fuming at Ashley Cole report

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein is fuming at reports left back Ashley Cole held a secret meeting with Premiership leaders Chelsea. The News of the World is reporting the England international to have met Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon along with agent Pini Zahavi on Thursday.

Cole, who is contracted to The Gunners until the summer of 2007, is currently in talks with Arsenal with regards to penning an improved deal. The 24-year-old is on £27,000-a-week at Highbury and Chelsea are believed to be willing to triple his deal should he switch to Stamford Bridge.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
hehe. it says chelsea are willing to tripple his wage, that amount of money, can it be turned down?

they have wayne bridge at left back, in england, is cole rated a better player than bridge?

wonder if its just paper talk?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it cant happen!!

Hopefully his heart speaks louder then his head and he stays with arsenal, personally i cant see arsenal selling to a rival team

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
hes got a long contract, a few years till it expires and as you say dilly. would arsenal want to sell to a rival club. i cant see them wanting that

and i doubt they want the money. if a bid comes in, will cole kick up a storm or ask for a transfer request if arsenal knock back a bid. i dunno lol

but at the looks of it. hes happy at the time being.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
mourinho has his say

Jose Mourinho has denied attending talks with Arsenal defender Ashley Cole.

Reports on Sunday had claimed that Mourinho and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon had held secret talks with Cole over a move to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho watched his side beat Birmingham 2-0 in the FA Cup on Sunday, and after the match he denied meeting Cole.

"I can answer you in several ways," Mourinho said on Sky Sports.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

Sir

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Any read the newspapers today?

Arsenal are saying that they will push it if they find some evidence and will want 10 points deducted from Chelsea. Are they that desperate to win the title and can't do it normally? If Chelsea are found guilty i hope they just get a big fine just to put one over on the gooners.

I think the punishments are one of the following or a combination of them; A big fine, points deducted and expulsion from the league.

[Edited on 1/31/2005 by Sir]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i read mourniho is saying its not true, and thats hes been linked with players non stop just cos of the size of the club.

if they could get 10 points decuted. i cant see chelsea being dumb enough for allowing it too happen.

though. if it did the title would be open once again. sounds like arsenal really need that to happen to have a chance at the league.

Sir

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mourinho has been made to look a bit stupid as he said he was elsewhere looking at a player but the manager of the team in Europe who the player plays for said he never spoke to the player, as he was at training and stuff when it was meant to have happened.

So who is telling the truth?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the player in question? is it adrianno from inter.

i didnt hear about the bit where the inter manager was denying it so it makes some1 lying.

chelsea fans better hope its not there team,

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well. kenyon aint speaking

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has refused an invitation to deny that the club made an illegal approach for Ashley Cole.

It has been alleged that Kenyon, Jose Mourinho, agent Pini Zahavi and Cole all met to discuss a possible lucrative move for the England defender from North to West London.

Whilst Mourinho has denied that such a meeting took place, Kenyon has elected not to echo the words of the Chelsea chief.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When asked Kenyon didn't say it happened and he didn't deny it, but it looks like Chelsea will hit back with their own slur campaign if Arsenal pursue it. Alot of the young stars at Arsenal may have been 'Tapped' up. I'm sure a couple did and it was in the newspapers. So whats good for one will have to be good for the other.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hehe. yip. that does sound right.

maybe its paper talk coming out trying to spark a feud like the wenger/fergie one.

if one of the teams pressed stuff like this over the paper. it wouldnt look good for football and wouldnt be in the best interest of the clubs.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Mourinho admits he thinks Cole is the best left back in england

Jose Mourinho has praised Ashley Cole after fresh reports on Friday insisted the player has had secret talks with Premiership leaders Chelsea.

The Arsenal defender is highly rated by Jose Mourinho who admits he is seeking a left back in the summer and that the England international has caught his eye.

"We'll buy two," Mourinho told The Daily Mail. "One left defender who has to be good to join our squad.

link

Sir

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
He is the best left back we have for England, i can't think of anyone much better.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
when i have seen wayne brigde play, hes does well and is a good player, is cole rated way better than him?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Dein is not happy with this at all

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has claimed there is 'a huge credibility gap' between Chelsea's version of events and newspaper reports over the alleged illegal approach for full-back Ashley Cole.

Fresh evidence emerged on Sunday about the reported meeting between Cole and his representative Jonathan Barnett, and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, manager Jose Mourinho and agent Pini Zahavi at a London hotel.

Dein has now intimated that he feels there is compelling evidence that the meeting did take place - although Arsenal have still to lodge an official complaint with the Premier League.

link

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It looks like the FA are taking things into their own hands. They will dock some points for sure if they find them guilty, which is looking likely now.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
yip. it seems that way,

i read chelsea are supposivly going to offer 90'000 a week, comapared to asrenal 35'000 a week. its said a friend of cole said cole will hand in a transfer request to leave if they rejected a bid for him.

and that the FA dont want to go into this unless arsenal make a offical complaint

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Ashley Cole's agent Jonathan Barnett has angrily denied that his client met with Premiership rivals Chelsea.

Barnett, who from the onset has denied that Cole met with Jose Mourinho and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, has now dismissed talk that has emanated from the West London outfit.

Chelsea are reported to have claimed that Cole, who remained on the bench in Arsenal's defeat of Bolton on Saturday, did meet up with them - but that it was at the player's request.

link

new topics

top topics

join