It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Gunners hit with Fifa fine

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Arsenal have been fined 10,000 after admitting using an unlicensed agent in the signing of Quincy Owusu Abeyie. The Gunners signed the 18-year-old way back in 2002 from Ajax and they have fallen foul of Fifa after the contract negotiations were brokered by an agent without the required documentation.

Arsenal have been hit with a suspended transfer ban, but it will be implemented if they breach Fifa rules again in the next two years. If activated, Arsenal will be prohibited from any national and/or international transfers for a period of two years. Owusu Abeyie has failed to hold down a regular place at Highbury since his move from the Amsterdam ArenA, but Gunners chief Arsene Wenger said in November that he has no doubt that the striker will prove a success for Arsenal.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i think he played in a cup game ages ago, and scored. he will be good, wenger has a habit of finding great young players..

is the article saying, they cant sign any1 for the next two years. or if it happens again it will come into place?

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Arsenal seem to be getting in a habit of signing a player by any means possible.

Yeah Rynaldo if they go against the rules one more time then they get a ban...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
yer. i thought thats what it was saying,

yip, they had issues with flamini, and a brazilian player ages ago, i think it was edu?

new topics

top topics

join