It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger - blues can only blow it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the manager of arsenal arsene wenger feels they can only win the league if chelsea blow it

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says that Chelsea can only throw away the Premiership title.

The Gunners suffered a huge body blow to their hopes of retaining their Premiership crown when they went down to a 1-0 defeat at Bolton on Saturday.

The champions are now ten points behind Jose Mourinho's league leaders, and Wenger thinks they can only blow the title themselves.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+Blues+must+lose+it&channel=Football_Home

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i think hes right, 23 games played. i think its 38 in the league season or 36. and 10 points behind. only lost one all season and they will need to lose about 4 or even 5 to make som1 else win it. i cant see it happening

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think Chelsea have it in the bag, i looked at the games Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United have left. Arsenal may even struggle to hold on to second place.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I think Chelsea have it in the bag, i looked at the games Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United have left. Arsenal may even struggle to hold on to second place.

yip. the defeat yesterday would not have done them any good. man utd are putting on the pressure aswell as everton.

not sure whats happened to arsenal this season, they where doing so well and have crumbled

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I did say it, they was pretty lucky earlier on in the season in quite a few games. Teams are not afraid of them anymore, they got their record and things could only take a downward spiral. It seems since Viera nearly signed for Real his form has gone downhill and he was such an influence in midfield. They rely on Henry too much and the youngsters are not turning out as good as they hoped they would be. Not saying they wont but the Premiership is the big stage and you can only get away with playing them so many times.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
and its not like they lost any first team players in the summer. perhaps with the exception of parlour.

top topics

join