It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Valencia claim to have signed Edu!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Valencia have claimed that Arsenal midfielder Edu has signed a pre-contact with them and will move to the Mestalla at the end of the season.

The Brazilian has been stalling over inking a new deal at Highbury for several months and has incurred the wrath of Arsene Wenger for his stance.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United have all been mooted as potential suitors of the 26-year-old, but it now appears that Valencia have won the chase for his signature.

The reigning Spanish champions insist the player has put pen to paper on a pre-contract that will see either side heavily penalised if it is not adhered to.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i think there a strong chance that has happened, there been so much unceratinly going on, though, if this is true, wenger will have to act quickly to get a midfielder in

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Real said Lauren had signed a pre-deal with them aswell and it doesn't look like he is going anywhere yet. I'm not saying the deal won't go through but we'll have to wait and see...

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Arsenal midfielder Edu has denied he has penned a pre-contract with Liga outfit Valencia.

It had been thought the Brazilian, who joined The Gunners in a 6 million deal from Corinthians in 2001, had decided to join Claudio Ranieri's side.

However, the Samba star is still hoping to sort out his future with Arsenal and agree a new deal at Highbury.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i think what is going on here is, with all this talk, the more and more it goes on, the more clubs might look at it and think, can we tempt him. it looking like maybe the agent turning it into a auction

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I did say don't believe it until it happens.

Your right it could be his agent, maybe what he really is doing is hanging out for a better deal at Arsenal..

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
it could be a case of, lets get his name thrown around, teams become interested, and hopefully for edu and the agent. arsenal dont want to lose him and give into bigger wage demands

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
well. he cant of signed cos ranieri is wishing he was there lol

Valencia boss Claudio Ranieri has admitted he is desperate to sign Arsenal midfielder Edu.

The Brazilian has been at the centre of one of the season's longest-running transfer sagas having failed to agree a new deal at Highbury.

His current contract expires at the end of the season, and he is now free to negotiate with interested suitors.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I read they are going to try to sort out his contract or he has to decide this week on wether he will stay or not.

top topics

join