It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Lauren to sign for real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
real madrid are to sign arsenal right back lauren at the end of season according to real madrid chairman pereq

who was quoted a saying

"Lauren will play for Real Madrid next season because his contract will expire," Perez is quoted in The Sun.

"We have him signed."

he also stated that he will look to see who wenger is attempting to buy and then real will try sign him before arsenal can as accorinding to him wenger dont make mistakes in the transfer market

He added: "Whatever we do in the transfer market we will just let Arsenal show us who their targets are and then go after them ourselves.

"Wenger doesn't seem to make many mistakes."

link

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
am suprised at this move but if its true and laurens to sign, salgado must be leaving. no idea who he will sign for but i doubt it will be chelsea especially since they signed ferriera the right back from porto. maybe a return to celta vigo, am sure he played for them.

and haha. i wonder what wenger will say about perez . there alot of truth in what he said though. not sure if its meant to be a joke lol

whats your views?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i wonder if this will spark interest in trabelsi again, maybe thats why he beeb getting linked at the start of the season. arsenal knew barca where gonna come calling for lauren on a free, barca screw arsenal and then trabelsi screw ajax lol

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
it looks like trabelsi did sign a contract at ajax

Trabelsi says he is happy to return to the team, although a transfer is still likely to happen in January, despite him signing a two-year contract.

"It was my decision to return," said Trabelsi. "I am happy to be back.

"I do not know about the possibility of a transfer in January, I must play for Ajax first.

looks like although he back in the ajax team there a chance he might still leave in the next transfer window.

and arsenal paid 7 million for lauren i believe, if he walks away for nothing they aint making a profit

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah i read about this, seems like Lauren has 6 months left on his deal and he's not signing a new one. he has signed a pre-deal to join Real Madrid and if he renags on the deal HE will have to pay Real about 2.5 million!

So it looks like he definatly will be going...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
if that the case about the 2.5 million, it more to suggest he will be leaving, with this news though, arsenal will really need to step up there efforts of landing a defender.

with him likely to leave, i think cygan is close to geting shown the door. they will need to do something

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yep they sure will, even Campbell is not looking that good since he came back from his injury...

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Arsenal defender Lauren has rejected reports he has agreed a deal to join Real Madrid next summer admitting he would like to stay at Highbury.

The 27-year-old current contract expires at the end of the season and as yet no new deal has been agreed.

Lauren would be able to leave Arsenal on a free transfer next summer and Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has claimed he has already agreed a pre-contract with the former Real Mallorca star.

The former Cameroon international is not worrying about his future and hopes to win a new deal at Arsenal.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
today manager arsene wenger still hopes lauren will stay

"I have spoken to Lauren," said Wenger. "He is at the end of his contract in June, but can sign in January.

"We will try to keep him. He cannot have signed now, as he is not allowed."

top topics

join