It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Pires has to pay for clanger!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
France midfielder Robert Pires will have to pay a 50,000 euro (34,500) fine for wearing the wrong t-shirt at a television show in October.

The Arsenal player went on TF1 programme, Telefoot, on October 10 dressed in Puma clothing - a move which greatly angered the French Federation officials and team sponsors Adidas.

Adidas claimed the move cost them 50,000 euros and Pires was summoned to a meeting in Paris on November 15 to explain his actions.

After the hearing Pires had agreed to pay a fine which has now been estimated to be the exact amount Adidas were claiming to have lost.

The fine money will be given to charity.

Sportinglife

[Edited on 10/12/04 by TRD]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hehe.. he was in the paper saying why do i have to pay 35k while di canio can do a nazi salute and get a 5000 one, and the same with aragones for being racist.

i think he said hes victimized

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i think he is justified as well and has every right to say that. To say 35,000 is harsh considering the other fines over a tracksuit sponser is a disgrace

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hehe.. yer. i think its unfair,

addidas are saying its the amount he lost them though? i dont know if thats true

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
well firstly no, i think that figure is over exaggerated by adidas

But if the money is going to charity, then that isnt so bad, but why then are adidas whining over the money they had lost if it isnt going to them

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i guess its about competition, him wearing a competitors make, they must have thought, hey that cant go on.

it does make the aragons fine look pathetic

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Its a bit like Britney Spears when she was the sponsor of pepsi was seen drinking coca cola, they got rid of her lol.

The fine though is down to the Spanish FA, who dont seem to give a dam about racism, despite seeming as if they do

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
Its a bit like Britney Spears when she was the sponsor of pepsi was seen drinking coca cola, they got rid of her lol.

The fine though is down to the Spanish FA, who dont seem to give a dam about racism, despite seeming as if they do

yer, this fine was by Addidas, and it was the Spannish FA with aragones. if it was a company, am sure it would have been heavier

new topics

top topics

join