It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger feels he dont need a new keeper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
wenger admits he aint interested in signing a new keeper following lehamann getting dropped and the other guy. almunia not doing that well since he came in the team

"I don't feel it will be necessary to bring in a new goalkeeper in January, not at all," explained Wenger to the Evening Standard.

Third choice keeper Stuart Taylor is currently on loan after falling down the pecking order at The Gunners and may be recalled should Wenger want an alternative to Lehmann or Almunia.

link

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He's talking crap, he most prob can't sign a better one.

They are having keeper troubles and unless one of them gets it together it could cost them dearly...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
whoever gets the go ahead tomorrow better behaves themselves in goal. i think lehmann is the better of the two but he has a temper. maybe that could be used to his advantage and turned to determinaition?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
do you remember alex manniger playing for the gunners. he got a lot of games when seaman was injured and he went through a spell where he was saving everything and it seemed impossible to score. but he left. i thought he was a great keeper with a good career ahead of him. not sure where he is now

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Manniger did look good but the gooners must have thought he wasn't good enough.

Looks like he went with Almunia today, i hope he made a mistake in picking him...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
atlanta have admitted that gunners boss arsene wenger is after there young goalkeeper Andrea Consigli

"Arsenal have offered (100,000) to Consigli," said Ruggeri, who is confident Consigli will rebuff a move to London.

"At this point he could go to England, although I don't think he will leave Atalanta."

Arsenal have already raided Italy once this year when landing the highly-rated Arturo Lupoli from Parma and now they are seemingly confident of adding another.

[Edited on 12/12/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
this guy is the italy under 18 keeper, and in italy, they have a good record at promoting good keepers.

maybe he a bit too young to challenge for 1st choice if he joins up but usually the young players he buys, they get into the team quick.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
by the latest statement from almunia he sounds content just to have been given the oppurtunity to sign for arsenal.

"What I do know clearly is that I am happy with the opportunity he has given me. Not everybody has the opportunity to play for Arsenal.

"I know that I can play at this level and I want to continue demonstrating that."

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
from his statement it sounds like he has faith in his own ability, he will really need to play a few great games as his reputation aint anything like jens lehmann. who will want to get into the germany squad

new topics

top topics

join