It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger - I may re-sign Petite!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Arsene Wenger has admitted he may consider re-signing Emmanuel Petit on a short-term basis to help revive Arsenal's title campaign.

Petit, who won the double with Arsenal in 1998, is currently out of contract after being freed by Chelsea last summer and is working on rebuilding his fitness levels at the Gunners' London Colney training base.

Wenger, meanwhile, is suffering without Gilberto Silva, who is ruled out with a long-term back problem, while Edu is not only injured but also stuck in contract negotiations.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Now that would be a shocker, whats he like 36 or something.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
yer. he is getting old and his career has stinked the last few years to be honest. wenger will know the ins and outs of him than most though. i think petit was a fit player too. him and vieria where great.

how would gunners fans feel if he came back though?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
LOL! Petite is well past his prime, i'm sure he is a good friend of Wenger. He is training with the gooners and what is more likely is that Wenger is getting him in the shop window and his name about to find him another club as a favour..

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Doesn't look like this deal was ever going to go through. I wonder if he did find a club to go to?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i havent heard anything more about it, if he dont take him now with the loss of several midfielders, he aint interested it.

maybe a hairdressing saloon

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yea lol, well he is getting a bit old.

Well i hope he doesn't go back into advertising, what was the advert he did? Head and shoulders?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
to be honest, i cant remember the advert, now whos showing age

though with him, werent it patrick vieria making him look good, he was a good player but at barcelona he feel to pieces. am guessing he must be about 35 now

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Emmanuel Petit has revealed that he nearly joined Manchester United, but opted for Chelsea instead after leaving Barcelona.

The former Arsenal star believes that rival managers Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson have plenty in common, and admits he would have enjoyed playing under the latter.

"I would rather play under Wenger, but people can say the same for Alex Ferguson. They both just want to win every match," Petit told The Mirror.

skysports.planetfootball.com...:+I+could+have+joined+Utd&channel=Football_Home

new topics

top topics

join