It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Developing troop exoskeletons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The US military is planning to turn soldiers into supermen by fitting them with powered exoskeletons.

The research arm of the US military is spending $50m to develop new technologies that will improve the speed, strength and endurance of soldiers.

More here
news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 12/4/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sweeeeettt!

"You have 30 seconds to comply...."

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thats cool, wonder what people have to say about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
DONT RUN YOULL ONLY DIE TIERD

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That is cool, but maybe the US should be worried about its own economy.
Deep

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All that high tech yet the poor bugger is still holding an M16

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Even if they're mass produced, we'll still have regular light infantry right?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Concept drawing only...I'd bet he'd be carrying one of these, hehe...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns � the ones we don't know we don't know.
-Donald Rumsfeld

Funny guy

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Exoskeleton with Infi-Run technology and an OICW......

HEhe thatd be great. ANd scary

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sweet, I have heard about this. They are also PLANNING / HOPING to develop a suit that makes you blend perfectly in with its environment. Now that would be cool. It would make you almost completely invisible to sight and thermal scopes

-wD

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
if i was the us government ( they should read this ) i would create a ultra hard armor able to withstand a direct tank blast and then put it over the exoskeleton add some uber electronics. integrated weapon systems along with say a railgun or plazma rifle all the bells and whistles that come along with a kickazz suit of POWER ARMOR

and then ya can even modify it
- air support power armor
- heavy weapons power armor
- electronic warfare power armor
- special forces
- and so on, and so on, and so on,

compleet all terain battle feild machines

( sorry too much rollplaying!!! RIFTS anyone ?)

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is sounding more and more like the Novel (not the horrible movie) Starship Troopers.

or Battle tech...isn't that the old FASA minature game?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow, this is great news for the troops! And just think, if this goes through, there will be armored powersuits soon following. Then the US can send in it's agents, maybe a Navy Seal or Marine Force Recon, or what was formerly known as Delta Force, and take out a small country!

KILL KILL KILL and not be killed!

Then maybe they can have a-hole radar or evil radar, and find Bin Laden, Saddam hussein, and Bill Clinton, and take them out, too! Hopefully, though, it won't take that long to take those three out...

Laz

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
DARPA is has been developing flying exoskeletons suits for a while, flying ones at that. Im pretty sure theres some PDFs at www.darpa.mil

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Elementals! It is like Battletech... a little. but Elementals are much more kickass.

So are space marines, which are a lot like elementals. Long live Clan Wolf, kids.

DE

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sounds neato and long over due. I hope it looks like

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A mster chief suit...sweet.
There was a japanese scientist who claimed to make a hydraulic limb that boosts strength by over 200%. Lots of people think its a hoax, though I have seen a video of it and a skinny man maxing out every weigth machine is cool regardless.

A Neo Marine could easily put his fist through a wall in one of those suits...RUN!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've tried to think of a good way to boost strength in an exoskeleton suit. I've had several ideas, though none quite feasible. When I get bored I think alot. I think about anything that comes to mind really.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There could be a way to run without actually using Human energy. It would deal with Exobones, around the leg that moved from an engine. Simple as that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join