It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger set to strengthen

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has conceded that he is looking to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window.

The studious Frenchman believes his team is equipped for success this term but admits he is keen to add a fresh face in the new year.

Wenger refused to reveal his target but did state that he is constantly looking for reinforcements.

Speculation has suggested Wenger is ready to offer a career lifeline to sacked Chelsea star Adrian Mutu but this is something the Arsenal chief was quick to clarify as not being the case.

Wenger believes he is well equipped in his striking department and is not looking for added cover in that position.

Skysports

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i think he realises he cant keep using cygan as the backup defender. that there has to be that extra bit depth in the defense. he says he aint after a striker, and i doubt it would be a midfielder

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We could do with a midfielder, for cover if vieira/gilberto/fabregas get injured, esp if it seems as if edu is going to leave. But i have to agree cygan is one of the worst players ever bought by wenger along with jeffers so yeh thats where it would be

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yer. i guess its a contest between cygan and jeffers to see who his worst signing was lol.

there alot of talk about edu going and what will happen. but i remember arsenal also signed a player called flamini, i think he played for marsielle so perhaps he could break in just like fabregas

top topics

join