It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Henry could be dropped

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

France coach Raymond Domenech has hinted that Arsenal striker Thierry Henry could be dropped from his starting line-up following a poor run of form.

Henry has been in superlative form for the English champions, but has failed to take that level of performance on to the international stage, netting just once in ten games for Les Bleus.

Domenech said after the goalless draw at home to the Republic of Ireland: "Thierry is going through a bad spell. Perhaps he has some problems in his head.

"Thierry is not indispensable and he has not been performing so I may have to look at that.

"My main concern is to find an attack that scores goals. It's not only around Thierry that we build our team, otherwise when the day comes when he's injured we'll be in trouble.

"When things aren't right up there, you end up out of position on the pitch or you arrive late or go where you shouldn't go at the wrong time.

"It's a problem we have to sort out."

Henry, however, feels that France are beginning to find their form after a number of high-profile retirements.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i seen a bit of the game against the republic and he werent anything special, although france where poor to be honest, he doesnt seem to be as good at that level as he is for arsenal, maybe wenger knows how to play him better

join