It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the World more dangerous now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So Oz is going online with the missile defense. Makes sense. Especially when you look at the world's situation.

before the Mid 1980's the world knew where it stood. You were either Red, Blue or neither. There was a certain level of checks and balances.

Since then the world's checks and balances are gone.

Is the deployment of Missile defense systems a sign that the world is a more dangerous place?

Are missing Soviet Submarines another sign that things are getting unraveled?

Is 2004 going to be more dangerous than 1984?

What do you think?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The world is a more dangerous place now, more than ever before. It used to just be the 'red' and the 'blues' with the weapons of mass murder but now so many countrys are developing these weapons. Now third world countried have nuclear weapons available to them. Arn't any of our world leaders learning anything? Bombs don't solve anything. Nobosy should have the ability to kill that many people.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
of course its more dangerouse these days evrery frekin country has a stockpile of nukes

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
The world is a more dangerous place now, more than ever before. It used to just be the 'red' and the 'blues' with the weapons of mass murder but now so many countrys are developing these weapons. Now third world countried have nuclear weapons available to them. Arn't any of our world leaders learning anything? Bombs don't solve anything. Nobosy should have the ability to kill that many people.

cant help but comment...what's with the avatar *gets goosebumps*

WW3 is a looming factor, one must look at this from a different perspective.
danger can be defined as:

homicidal actions against individuals where a police force is virtually powerless when overrun by a wealth-infested corrupt population(ie: the ukraine)

or

the more, world-wide point of view...where, your comments come into play, third world countries' have more than you can imagine...the black market is a powerful thriving source today, keep that in mind as you see that first mushroom cloud on your horizons

*an utterly disgusted*
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

cant help but comment...what's with the avatar *gets goosebumps*

WW3 is a looming factor

homicidal actions against individuals where a police force is virtually powerless when overrun by a wealth-infested corrupt population(ie: the ukraine)

*an utterly disgusted*
Cyrus

My Avatar? Does it play with you
M _ i_n_d? J
ust something visual to reflect myself.

WW3 is looming, you are right, I can feel it.

I don't understand what you mean about the Ukraine, your country. I don't know about the situation you speak of, You must explain.

[Edited on 033131p://444 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was looking for more recent data on the worlds nuclear arsenals and I came across this...very disturbing.

www.ceip.org...

Essentially its a short article detailing some of the rogue states and terrorist groups attempts to purchase fissile material on the blackmarket or develop it out right.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think the worlds always been a dangerous place to live in.
This day and age, were just not as powerfull as we think we are, as a society we need to understand that technology is advancing at a rate that our minds cant comrehend.
We need to become a better society.
We have treaties to prevent wars, yet spend countless billions a year producing more war devices.
Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I think the worlds always been a dangerous place to live in.
This day and age, were just not as powerfull as we think we are, as a society we need to understand that technology is advancing at a rate that our minds cant comrehend.
We need to become a better society.
We have treaties to prevent wars, yet spend countless billions a year producing more war devices.
Deep

Deep, I concur. When we start using as a basis of our govenrment compassion, intelligence, courage over greed, cronism, and self interest we'll do alright. Until fear and threat/counter-threat will rule all.

Hrxll

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
During the Cold War many people were afraid that the US and USSR would destroy one another and the world in thermonuclear warfare. But these two nations were made up of civilized society and KNEW that if they fired the missiles everything would end.

Now we have terror groups and rouge nations that obtain nukes, the Islamic extremists are extremely dangerous, they could care less how many people they kill and even themsleves for "allah"

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by theredoctober
During the Cold War many people were afraid that the US and USSR would destroy one another and the world in thermonuclear warfare. But these two nations were made up of civilized society and KNEW that if they fired the missiles everything would end.

Now we have terror groups and rouge nations that obtain nukes, the Islamic extremists are extremely dangerous, they could care less how many people they kill and even themsleves for "allah"

There are many documented accounts of the Japanese Doomsday cult trying to buy a "device" or fissile material on the black market. YIKES. These folks have already release Saarin gas, so they've proven that they have the wherewithal to commit significant crime against Mankind..

Scary world indeed.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency

Originally posted by theredoctoberthe wherewithal to commit significant crime against Mankind..

There are many documented accounts of the Japanese Doomsday cult trying to buy a "device" or fissile material on the black market. YIKES. These folks have already release Saarin gas, so they've proven that they have Scary world indeed.

hrxll

What do you think is the best defense against these types of groups?

new topics

top topics

join