It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Campbell Set To Sign Contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
England defender Sol Campbell is close to agreeing terms on a new Arsenal contract.

The 30-year-old is set to accept a major decrease in salary to stay at Highbury, having previously benefited from huge annual signing-on payments as part of his free-transfer deal from Tottenham.

However, with a pledge that he can carry on at the top level for another five years, the England international is keen to stay put, particularly with a move to a new stadium in 2006.

Campbell declared: "It's going well. There are still a few things we've got to organise but it's going in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too long.

"Arsenal are a fantastic club, there will be a new stadium in a couple of years' time and it's a well-run club. Hopefully I can sort everything out."

Boss Arsene Wenger, who has about 12 months left to run on his own contract, revealed earlier this week that he is close to putting pen to paper himself on a new deal.

Asked if that development would make a difference to him, Campbell admitted: "Yes, of course, it would make up a lot of minds in the team.

"Not only the French players, I think the whole team as he's assembled a fantastic squad. All the players play for him and love the way he conducts himself and plays football."

Team Talk

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They need him, it would be a big blow if he didn't sign but i can't see that happening. They should get at least 3 more great years out of him at least.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
he has signed a new contract

Sol Campbell has revealed he has agreed his new deal at Arsenal.

The England star's current deal expires at the end of the season and the club have been working hard on extending his stay at Highbury.

The likes of Juventus and Internazionale have been linked with the former Tottenham man, but Campbell insists he will be staying with Arsenal.

link

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i wonder how long the contract was for? and its great news for gunners fans. he really does make a difference to there backline. wenger managed to keep vieria and now cambell. am sure more key players will follow suite now too

TRD

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Great to get him under a new contract, but he has been injured alot this season and it could cost them the title..

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
he claims arsenal magic made him sign it, wonder if hes still thinking it after today

England international defender Sol Campbell claims the magic of Arsenal prompted him to agree terms over a new deal with the Highbury club.

Campbell has been locked in talks over an extension of his stay at Highbury for some time, with the club increasingly worried that he could agree a Bosman free transfer move in January.

link

new topics

top topics

join