It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Edu in contract talks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Arsenal midfielder Edu's agent insists the player is not on his way out at Highbury and instead confirmed talks about a new deal are underway.

Uncertainty has arisen over Edu's future after he was dropped against Charlton while his current deal runs out at the end of this season.

"The situation is clear," said his agent, Jerome Anderson.

"His contract is up at the end of the season and discussions about extending his stay are ongoing."

He added: "He has been very happy at Arsenal. Talks are of a friendly nature and we will see how they progress."

Edu has been linked with a switch to Barcelona but he has said he wants to stay at Arsenal.

link

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i remember when arsenal signed him, there was a bit of bother over his passport, it turned out to be well worth the wait as he is a established player in there squad. may not always be first choice but he is going to get games.

i think it was just the other day, rumours about a top team in the world wanting to sign him.

i hope he stays but then again, if you are right about van de vaart from ajax TRD, maybe he would leave

TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah its a possibility as there has been talks of Edu leaving for awhile and that deal for Van Der Vaart seems to have been done for a bit so it would all tie up.

When he first played for Arsenal i didn't think he was all that but he has turned out to be quite a decent player. If he is to get a new deal it should be done soon so i guess we'll find out in the next few weeks if ge is going to stay or not..

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Arsene Wenger has given Edu just over two months to decide on his Arsenal future as he looks for him to repay the club's patience during the early stages of his career.

The Brazil international has been offered an extension to his existing contract which runs out at the end of this season.

However, he is worried about his chances of a regular place amid the emergence of teenager Cesc Fabregas, with Gilberto Silva also competing to play alongside Patrick Vieira.

Edu is therefore considering his options, having done little to dampen down speculation linking him with a possible move to Barcelona.

And given that he could be a Bosman free agent at the end of this season, he can start negotiating with overseas clubs on January 1.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i dont think edu is better than gilberto or vieria, i think thats the first choice midfield so it will be hard for him to get in. noticed another young player sometimes sneakin of the bench to get a game is some1 called flamini? a italian i think

at least he has time to decide what he wants and this could give wenger time to look for a replacement if he wants to go

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't rate him that highly to be honest, he has got better the more he has played. If they could sell him now i would get what they can for him..

TRD

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Edu has told Arsene Wenger he will bide his time before putting pen to paper on a new deal at Arsenal.

The Brazil international has been offered new terms by The Gunners, but is mulling over his options to ensure he makes the right decision.

Wenger is hoping the club's loyalty in the Samba star will pay dividends, however Edu is in no rush to commit his future to the North London side.

"It's normal for the manager to say he wants it done by January because I am on a free transfer and if we don't sort it out I am free to talk to others," said Edu.

"But I have the right to be patient to make the right decision.

"Everyone knows I am happy here playing for a fantastic club, a great team - now it is up to Arsenal to make me stay here."

Should Edu fail to agree terms at Arsenal, the likes of Barcelona and Manchester United have been linked with moves for the star and could snap him up for free next summer.

Skysports

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a contract looks like its going on offer for him

Arsenal midfielder Edu is set to hand the North London giants a boost by inking a new deal in the not too distant future.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has recently expressed his concern at the possibility of losing the talented Brazilian, whose contract expires in the summer.

link

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
with gilberto supposively being ruled out for the whole season it looks like they need edu to provide cover

TRD

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So the saga drags on.

I think he will go eventually, as you say Gilberto is out so it will be next season.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it sounds like there alot doubt about him staying now and that he fancies a move to barca

Edu admits he is surprised Arsene Wenger has issued an ultimatum over his contract talks at Arsenal.

The Brazilian, who seems set to miss the live Sky Sports showdown with Premiership leaders Chelsea on Sunday, has been warned that he will not be considered for selection next year if he fails to commit his future to Highbury.

[url=http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=243059&cpid=8]link

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yep looks like he has to make his mind up. I reckon he will move on as he hasnt been a prolific starter in the Arsenal side since he joined them.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
and he aint featuring that much and thats with gilberto out injured. fabregas though has really done well though, and i think he is above edu in the pecking order. if this other youngster flamini keeps progressing and make the odd apperance. he will end up playing more regular and they both have age on there side. am not sure how old edu is but its more competiton for him.

at the end of the season my verdict is that he will leave hehe. cos i said that he will prob get a 5 year deal lol

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Arsenal midfielder Edu claims he is ready to join Valencia at the end of the season.

The Brazilian international is out of contract at the end of the season and he has been unable to agree a new deal.

Arsene Wenger has issued an ultimatum to Edu over his contract talks telling him to sign a new deal or leave.

A number of clubs have been alerted to Edu's possible availability due to his contract problems.

Barcelona were thought to be favourties for Edu's signature, but the player revealed he will sign a pre-contract agreement with Valencia in January as he will be guaranteed first team football at the Mestalla.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
edu reveals the 3 top teams in spain all want him

"There is a lot of speculation about my future and I do not know which route I am going to take," Edu told his own website.

"I know that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia have shown an interest in me and I am satisfied that the three biggest clubs in Spain have an eye on me.

"But I cannot talk with anybody until January and I still have to fulfil my contract which finishes in May.

"There are several aspects to life I like here in Arsenal and today I am very well adapted in England - everyone knows how well I am in the club.

"But a challenge is always a cool thing; a new country, a new team that could give me the chance like Arsenal did. Now I have to wait until January to make the correct decision."

link

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah looks like he is definatly off, or Arsenal are trying to tout him by all the press he has been getting...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
hes really made a name for himself though, and he aint even first choice at the gunners and they 3 want him lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well. it sounds like he is having fun thinking about which club to join. this is quite a big interview

Real Madrid look favourites, but Edu says that both Barcelona and Valencia have as good a chance of landing his signature.

"Clearly they are clubs of prestige," he told As.

"I am studying all the offers and will see what agrees with my football. I have not made any decision and will not until January 1."

Edu denied that he had agreed a pre-contract with Valencia.

"I have also heard that I was going to Barcelona and my brother has spoken with Madrid and that I probably prefer Real," he retorted.

"Each person can write what they want, but I still don't know where I am going."

link

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
now he claims he wouldnt mind or bother him if he signed for man utd

"It doesn't make me worried to play in England for another club," claimed Edu in the Daily Mail.

"If I see that it will be important for my future as a footballer, then I'm going.

"Barcelona is a fantastic club. If you ask me about Madrid and Valencia and Manchester they are all fantastic clubs.

link

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
sounds like barcelone are pulling out of the race at the minute

"Edu is a great player but he belongs to Arsenal now," Laporta told Sky Sports News.

"We are looking for a loan in the winter market in order to reinforce the positions of the offensive midfield and forwards.

"Edu is a midfielder who is very interesting as a player.

"We have several Brazilians in our team. That, for him, would make it very easy for him to be integrated at Barcelona.

"We will talk about it, first of all with Arsenal if our manager has decided he is interesting."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join