It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wenger - Will he Stay or Go?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood is convinced manager Arsene Wenger will sign a new contract and resist any advances from Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants are searching for a new boss following the resignation this week of Jose Camacho, and Wenger is being linked to the job.

The Frenchman's contract runs out in 13 months, but negotiations are said to be at an advanced stage to secure him until 2008 and the Gunners hope he will sign the three-year extension next month.

Hill-Wood told the Evening Standard: "I am absolutely certain that Arsene will stay at Arsenal.

"I cannot believe he would go there. We are having talks about a new contract and they are progressing well.

link

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i bet every arsenal fan is hoping he stays, i think he will, having got vieria to sign a contract, and the team are looking good this year, although, should they fail in the champions league again maybe it will be a different story

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He'll stay at Arsenal. He is a dedicated manager, as he rejected an offer earlier on to coach France. He claims club responsibility is more important. As for Arsenal failing in the champions league, sure seems likely. Will Wenger go, no. Being part of the problem and leaving on a bad note will never sit well with the fans.

Should it come to that, I would have to say it would be weird to watch an Arsenal game without Wenger shouting from the sidelines.

:loudhorn:

TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree a definate stayer, he will retire at Arsenal. Maybe he will take the France national team job once he fulfills his dream of winning the Champions League...

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has stated he will put pen-to-paper on a two-year extension with the Highbury outfit in the coming days.

The French tactician is out of contract at the end of the season, although the North Londoners have an option on his deal for the 2005/06 campaign.

Wenger reiterated he has always been dedicated to the Premiership champions and that a deal between both parties will be sealed in the near future.

"I've said many times that I'm committed to the future of the club, it's a question of days that we will announce an extension to my contract," said Wenger at a conference.

"I'm not worrying about it, it should be an extension of a few years. Not until 2020, but a few years."

link

TRD

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Arsene Wenger is ready to sign a new three-year extension to his Arsenal contract within the next week - and will be offered a place on the board when his reign eventually ends.

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood has already unveiled plans to offer the Frenchman a chance to move upstairs when his managerial career finally comes to an end at his "spiritual home".

Wenger, who arrived at Arsenal in 1996, is close to an agreement that will see him lead the club into their new Emirates Stadium in August 2006 and for a further two seasons thereafter.

The Arsenal boss, who turns 55 on Friday, revealed ahead of the Champions League tie away to Panathinaikos: "We are not far away.

TRD

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein revealed he hoped Arsene Wenger would stay at the club for life after the manager agreed to extend his stay at Highbury.

Wenger agreed a three-year extension to his contract with the Gunners, which will see him remain with the Premiership champions until the end of 2008.

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has revealed that manager Arsene Wenger was a target for two national teams during the summer.

Wenger recently put pen to paper on a new contract that will keep him with the Premiership champions until 2008.

As the Frenchman has already led the club to six major trophies Dein is delighted by his decision, and claimed he was always confident that Wenger would turn down all other offers and commit his future to the club.

4thegame

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
am guessing france would have been interested in having him, wouldnt mind if it was scotland who where chasing him too lol. although. i dont think he would be a success for us

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
and it looks like him joining real madrid is out the window for the next few seasons now

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah he ain't going anywhere. Wait till they get in the new stadium and with the extra revenue they will get he will bring in even more decent players.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
the good thing about wenger is, he buys good players really cheap, he also gets expensive signings right bar jeffers. reyes last season was ok, but this season he has been really good

top topics

join