It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Who's going to beat Arsenal first?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
With there unbeaten run still not ended, who is finally going to beat them?

Or will their run continue for the rest of this season?

The Bookmakers are laying odds on who will beat them here's the list.....

Manchester United 11/4
Fulham 9/2
Manchester City 7/1
Liverpool 9/1
Tottenham Hotspur 9/1
Bolton Wanderers 11/1
Aston Villa 12/1
Charlton Athletic 14/1
Chelsea 14/1
Crystal Palace 20/1
Newcastle United 25/1

I'm guessing that Chelsea play them a little down the line thats why they are such big odds...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This may sound arrogant
i can assure you it is not
but the only side i can really see beating Arsenal is Arsenal themselves :sport-smiley-019:

TRD

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I guess you could look at it that way, all it takes is a few key injuries. They could come up against a side who on the day play's their best football. They even may go on a losing streak lol!

I would say the way Spurs are playing and the usual rivalry between the two, they have a good chance to beat them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I would say the way Spurs are playing and the usual rivalry between the two, they have a good chance to beat them.

Now i know you are just being plain daft now
you ain't been smoking too many funny ciggies have you lol!!!!

TRD

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey i'm being serious....:approve:

If Arsenal don't contain Jermain Defoe and he is having one of his best days they are in trouble...:sport-smiley-019:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
looking at the list am gonna say bolton, i think they will drop a few points b4 they play them but it will be draws,

spurs, i think a draw is a good enough result for santini for the moment. i got a funny feeling with bolton, they do good against the big teams

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Defoe lol have you seen Arsenal play this season they dont worry about individuals they let others worry about them
Toure Cole Pires (when he can get in the team) Vieira (when he can get in the team) Fabergas Henry Reyes Campbell Ljungberg Lehmann Lauren GOD Pennant and you expect them to be worried about Defoe lol
:party-smiley-018:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Middlesborough, Liverpool or Chelsea have a good crack at ending Arsenal's unbeaten winning streak. :approve:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Middlesborough, Liverpool or Chelsea have a good crack at ending Arsenal's unbeaten winning streak. :approve:

Yeah and so do the other 16 sides in the premiership:tum:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey, the ball is round mate. Thinking they are unbeatable is just the attitude they need to keep out of the locker room. All these teams are proffesionals. Don't you think every team wants to be the one to knock them off. Even if they beat themselves, so to speak, its still a loss. I'm a gunners fan so I hope they don't lose. But if they do it will probably be a team they take to lightly, I'll say Portsmouth.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlsberg
Hey, the ball is round mate. Thinking they are unbeatable is just the attitude they need to keep out of the locker room. All these teams are proffesionals. Don't you think every team wants to be the one to knock them off. Even if they beat themselves, so to speak, its still a loss. I'm a gunners fan so I hope they don't lose. But if they do it will probably be a team they take to lightly, I'll say Portsmouth.

oh i do think that every side wants to Beat the Invincibles but alot of sides are beaten before they get on the pitch the thing is other teams have seen how Arsenal have been playing and it has Psychologically been there undoing

TRD

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Everybody wants to beat the team on top.

Every game is going to be tough for Arsenal and it will get even harder to win. They will slip up soon enough and the new record they have set won't be broken again.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
didnt they say that about notts forests record

yer its gonna be so hard to go that long unbeaten, they are the team to beat

TRD

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yeah of course but look how long it took to beat their record.

Even Man United couldn't do it in all the years they have been a dominant force. I can't see anyone doing it again....

TRD

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just a few words, it looks like the bookmakers got it right with Man United at 11/4 favs.

So the new record is 49 games, what must be gutting though is losing to their bitterest rivals Man U...

top topics

join