It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Arsenal.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Damn! Is my one week prediction up yet? I hope not, I want to feel all Mystic Meg.

Either way, he's a goner...

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says defender Sol Campbell will miss the first six weeks of the new Premiership season due to an Achilles injury.

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Damn! Is my one week prediction up yet? I hope not, I want to feel all Mystic Meg.

Either way, he's a goner...

Viera may stay

Patrick Vieira has no desire to leave Arsenal, according to a close confidante of the player.

Spanish reports say Vieira is set for Real Madrid, while the player has remained silent amid the growing speculation over his future.

But Chantal Stanley, who has known Vieira since he arrived in England, believes he is happy at Highbury.

link

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Marseille have killed off Sylvain Wiltord's immediate hopes of signing for the French club.

Former Arsenal striker Wiltord had been strongly linked with OM but general manager Pape Diouf admitted their interest had cooled.

TRD

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Real Madrid coach Jose Antonio Camacho reiterated his determination to strengthen his side's defensive capabilities as the Spanish club tried to increase the pressure on Arsenal to sell Patrick Vieira.

Spanish newspaper Marca, who routinely act as the unofficial mouthpiece for Real, reported that the club had now ended the phoney war over Vieira by finally submitting an official faxed bid.

Neither club was willing to confirm this development and the reported 18million bid was well short of Arsenal's valuation of their influential captain.

Indeed, with Arsene Wenger having insisted that Arsenal would resist any approaches from Real, the Gunners will attempt to stand firm even in the face of any increased bid of 20million.

TRD

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Arsenal winger Fredrik Ljungberg insisted he has no intention of leaving Highbury this summer - even if Patrick Vieira departs for Real Madrid.

Arsenal and Real looked to still be involved in a battle of wills as the Spanish club failed to sign the 28-year-old midfielder in time to register him for the third qualifying round of the Champions League.

Even after missing the 11am British time deadline, they still have until the close of the transfer window on August 31 to ensure that Vieira is available for the group stages.

TRD

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted he is interested in West Ham midfielder Michael Carrick.

And Wenger admits that a deal could go through, irrespective of whether Patrick Vieira leaves for Real Madrid.

The Frenchman admitted: "He has always been a player that I loved.

"If we sign Michael Carrick, it could happen even if Patrick stays - but nothing has been done on that front though."

TRD

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Arsene Wenger warned Patrick Vieira that he is more likely to win medals with Arsenal than Real Madrid as he made a last-ditch plea for his captain to complete his mission at Highbury.

Wenger remains adamant that Vieira will be staying put despite the moves being made by Real to lure him to La Liga.

The two clubs seem to be locked in a battle of wills over any price-tag, while Vieira himself has yet to agree personal terms at the Bernabeu, thereby fuelling Wenger's confidence.

The French midfielder was at Highbury on Friday, although he will still be absent from the Community Shield this weekend due to a thigh injury which could take a further two weeks to clear up.

Real nevertheless have a further three weeks to sign Vieira before the transfer window closes, with the financial ability to increase their initial offer.

TRD

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Arsenal have lodged a bid of $12 million (6.5 million) for Argentine international midfielder Javier Mascherano, according to sources in South America.

The 20-year-old has just starred in the Copa America and is now preparing for the Olympics with the national side.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join