It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Wiltord to Bayern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Bayern Munich have been alerted by Sylvain Wiltord's rejection of the offer of a new contract at Arsenal.

The France international forward, who remains the Gunners' record signing at �11m in August 2000, has one year remaining on his current deal at Highbury.

But Wiltord has turned down the club's latest attempt to extend his deal as he wants a significant rise on his current wage, which is believed to be in the region of �20,000 a week.

And if negotiations for a new contract fail, Arsenal are likely to put the 28-year-old on the market - which could be of interest to Bundesliga champions Bayern.

In the current market, Wiltord may only be worth as much as �5m but Arsene Wenger could be prepared to cut his losses on the former Bordeaux star rather than let him leave on a free next summer.

However, Wiltord, who has scored 28 goals in 94 Premiership appearances, is keen to remain in north London and will hold further talks in the coming weeks. He said: "I love the club and I want to stay here."

TRD

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hmmm i thought wiltord was older than 28...Maybe he just looks it..Arsenal would a bit mad to let him go as his pace does give them options up front and out wide,unless they have their eyes on a replacement already and the cash will bolster a tight budget this comming season for the gooners...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He doesn't score enough goals for me. Works hard, but they need a target man to play with Henry.

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I wonder if Arsenal would be interested in James Beattie,he would do the job for them with his physical presence and he would score tons of goals with the quality of service he would get...Just a thought..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Could be a good signing, although he has the attributes on paper, I don't think he would complement Henry on the field. Kluivert would be a better choice for me.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Kluivert would do well wherever he goes..!

Their seems to be alot of speculation whever wiltord goes or not lately,but its paper talk again...I suppose we shall have to wait for a few more weeks...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Along with Kanu he is the obvious choice to go, cash in on him while his value is still high.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yep i agree their Kanu wasnt too bad when he first went their but he hasnt been that good,i suppose he hasn't had a great run in the side but with henri and bergkamp their who would...!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Kanu is talented but he hasn't got the right mentality for English football. He would be better suited to a slower game like in Italy or the Dutch league where is technical ability would be better appreciated.

top topics

join