It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Emre to leave?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not sure what has went wrong with his spell at the Toon but reports are saying Emre wants to leave and go back to Italy with 2 clubs chasing him.

At Inter Milan he was a decent squad rotation player and one of Turkeys better players, Inter letting him go was prob cos they signed Veron and they have loads of players who can play in midfield

So i expected him to move to Newcastle and be good, but hes struggled to get games and it makes you wonder if he has a future in England. I guess with Newcastle making a loss on Viana they wont want to happen again. Newcastle spent 4 million i think to get Emre, i cant see a team wanting to pay 5 million to get him back.

But i think he will be off come Summer

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Newcastle insist that both Michael Owen and Emre will be with the club next season.

Both players have made impacts of varying qualities since their big money moves from Real Madrid and Internazionale respectively.

Although neither player has suggested in anyway they are unsettled, they have been linked with moves away - Owen with former club Liverpool, and Emre with a possible switch back to the continent.

Link...

Hes ours...not giving him up for anything...lol

Mic
:party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hey man, how you doing?

Ahh... i read the article but thats Reodor saying he will keep the players, but he aint actually got the job yet. Do you want him as the manager?

I can see Owen staying, it really depends with the world cup. If he does play and looks great, i would imagine there will be alot of interest in him and you might be able to sell him on for a good price. But realistically, i dont see that happening. If Owen does make it, i think he will look off the pace, i think hes past his best anyway.

I think Emre is a good player, the biggest problem with him is hes rather nuts lol. Where is he playing in the team... in the centre or out on the left of midfield?

new topics

join