It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painting the sky..(pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe a troop of jets flew overhead?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Seems pretty interesting keep me posted

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
again, i'm just offering my thoughts and opinions

There's no problem with that.

For what purpose would these trails be made? I don't know. Whether it be good or bad, we deserve full disclosure.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
Maybe a troop of jets flew overhead?

Perhaps.

I saw 6 aircraft in the sky at one time. They were flying in strange ways/different directions. During the morning, they appeared to be blocking the sun. A couple of hours later, as the sun was rising more above, they came and filled in a different area. It seems to me that they were blocking the sun.

If they had only came through once, then your suggestion would be more of a possibility.

THENEO hit the bullseye when he said people should pay attention to the skies. If you see a trail in the sky, or multiple ones, try to find the aircraft and watch their behavior. It is TRULY unusual and you'll most likely feel as if they're making trails for a reason.

I was in various parts of this city, hanging out of my car window, standing in the middle of the street, just snapping pictures of this event. People would drive by, look at me, and proceed. It's as if they were watching me taking pictures instead of looking at what I was documenting!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TyphonSix
Seems pretty interesting keep me posted

It certainly is interesting.

Here is a photo of the sky a little while after the first spraying. The trails produced this coating. As I said, the sky was clear blue before they came through. I watched the sky for hours. 8am-4pm, I had my eyes on the sky.

Perhaps this is a regular procedure. If so, then we deserve a true explanation.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I'd like to know what they are, as well.

I'll post the most recent pictures later. There are rows of 'contrails'. Why on Earth would they criss cross and attempt to cover the clear blue sky?

Like I said, I don't know what they are, but I don't buy into the simple 'contrail' explanation.

Why would they criss cross? are you kidding me?

How in the world can you have multiple air routes across the U.S. without ever having any of them cross each other. of course they cross.

Furthermore, as the air mass moves eastward in its normal weatehr pattern, the contrails are displaces along with it. Therefore the when the next regulary scheduled flight to Bangcock (or wherever) it lays out a new trail. if the previous trail is still visible, then they appear to be parallel rows.

This is one of the most thuroughly debunked hoaxes on the internet.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by HowardRoark]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Furthermore, as the air mass moves eastward in its normal weatehr pattern, the contrails are siplaces along with it. Therefore the when the next regulary scheduled TWO flight to Bangcock (or wherever) it lays out a new trail. if the previous trail is still visible, then they appear to be paralell rows.

HowardRoark, thanks for your input.

I feel as if these were being made for a reason. I haven't established a viewpoint as to why, but I'd love to know.

I saw multiple aircraft in the sky (at the same time) and their flight pattern seemed irregular. Why does this 'normal' occurrence seem unusual to me? It's not happening today, nor did it happen yesterday.

I certainly do not know much about aviation, but I know enough to recognize an irregularity in the sky. By the way, I'm an avid sky watcher.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
HowardRoark, thanks for your input.

I feel as if these were being made for a reason. I haven't established a viewpoint as to why, but I'd love to know.

I saw multiple aircraft in the sky (at the same time) and their flight pattern seemed irregular. Why does this 'normal' occurrence seem unusual to me? It's not happening today, nor did it happen yesterday.

I certainly do not know much about aviation, but I know enough to recognize an irregularity in the sky. By the way, I'm an avid sky watcher.

Trail formation is dependent on weather conditions. In general contrails will form at high altitudes based on the following conditions

Temperature. At a typical airline cruise altitude, it is around -40 or colder.

Relative humidity with respect to ice and supersaturation: This is the key parameter that determines if a contrail will dissipate shortly after formation, it will persist, or even if the conditions are right, if it will grow.

Moisture supersaturation happens quite often at high altitudes, especially prior to the passage of a weather front. What happens is that moisture-laden air is lifted up and cooled by the normal weather dynamics. Because this air is actually rather clean, there are insufficient particles present to allow the super saturated moisture to condense (or actually freeze) into ice crystals (as in a cloud)

When a jet passes through this air it does three things, it adds even more moisture (water is a principle component of jet exhaust), it adds a concentrated swath of particles (unburned or partially burned fuel and soot), and it disturbs the air by its passage causing wake vortexes that persist for a while after the plane has departed.

These three things are why contrails form and persist.

Why do you see the one day and not the next? Because the atmospheric conditions are different, that is why.

The right conditions happen more often in winter than in summer, so keep watching.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
www.physics.ucla.edu...

This part...While these curtains conceivably could be used one day to cleanse the stratosphere directly over major cities throughout the globe.

They are not using Wong's devices but maybe his technic?

Maybe thats why they spray over major industrial areas all the time.

www.physics.ucla.edu...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.physics.ucla.edu...

Research Interest:

Professor Wong is director of the Plasma Physics Laboratory at UCLA, and director of the HIPAS Observatory at Fairbanks, Alaska.

Professor Wong's specialization lies in the physics of ions in plasmas, in areas of linear and nonlinear wave phenomena, cyclotron waves, ion acoustic waves, drift waves, microwave radiation, electron and ion wave echoes, nonlinear dynamic equilibria, and mode coupling. He has worked with fully ionized plasmas in Q devices, designed surface confinement devices and participated in ionospheric wave excitation experiments since 1970. In addition, he has worked with superconducting magnets and negative ion beams. He has been consultant to industrial and government labs in the areas of isotope separation, ion sources, ion beam acceleration, non-neutral ion plasmas and space exploration. He has applied basic plasma physics to finding a solution to the ozone depletion problem. Professor Wong has opened new areas in environmental physics and is the author of the widely used laboratory

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.hipas.alaska.edu...

Does this sound like HAARP or what?

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by energy_wave]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The only problem with that is the significance of the whole "hole in the Ozone layer" issue is still being debated in scientific circles.

The is evidence (i.e. data) that supports the conclusion that flucuations in the size of the hole in the ozone layer are normal.

in other words it grows and shrinks over time.

Furthermore, the entire chemtrail theory runs flat up against two major issues that it can not explain:

The first is Logistics. To date, no one has been able to pinpoint one jet, one pilot, one airport that is part of this worldwide plot. Not one of the thousands of personel (pilots, groundcrew, maintenace, admin etc) that would be needed to pull this off has come forward. (see here)

Noe of the manufacturers of the spray equipment, the airframe engineers, the chemical plant opperators has yet been identified.

The second is cost. Where is this money coming from? Based on the amount of activity that is suposedly "Chemtrails" someone must be spending big bucks to pull this off.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do they spray in India ?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Do they spray in India ?

No

"they" don't "spray" anywhere.

Persistant Contrails can form anywhere, however as long as the weather conditions are right. I don't know enough about the general climate and weather in Idia to say how often persistant contrails will form, but I would be willing to bet that it is simmiler to the rest of the world.

Here is good contrail site

www.astro.ku.dk...

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by HowardRoark]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Look at some of the photo's of chemtrails. Do you really think they are real contrails?

I have watched them spray, stop spraying, turn around and start spraying again. Even spray short burst and combine them to make small short chemtrail clouds.

The link you posted is very outdated.

Seeing is believing

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Look at some of the photo's of chemtrails. Do you really think they are real contrails?

I have watched them spray, stop spraying, turn around and start spraying again. Even spray short burst and combine them to make small short chemtrail clouds.

The link you posted is very outdated.

Seeing is believing

They are all contrails.

OK, I'll tell you what. Since it is your theory, please show me the difference between chemtrails and contrails.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Contrails or chemtrails?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How about this one?

NASA Photo ID: AST-01-042 File Name: 10076553.jpg
Film Type: 70mm Date Taken: 07/16/75
Title: Oblique view of cloud patterns over Pacific Ocean
Description:
An oblique view of unique cloud patterns over the Pacific Ocean caused by
aircraft contrail shadows altering cumulus clouds and forming straight line
clouds, as photographed from the Apollo spacecraft in Earth orbit during
the joint U.S.-USSR Apollo Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) mission. This area is
southwest of Los Angeles, California. This photograph was taken at an
altitude of 177 kilometers (110 statute miles).

Subject terms:
APOLLO SOYUZ TEST PROJECT
CALIFORNIA
CLOUDS
EARTH OBSERVATIONS (FROM SPACE)
ONBOARD ACTIVITIES
PACIFIC OCEAN
PHOTOGRAPHY

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What interesting about this pic is that it is a md-80. Notice where the "contrails" are coming from and note where the engines are!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join