It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Toon want Ricardo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Newcastle are considering a swoop for Sporting Lisbon's Ricardo.

The enigmatic goalkeeper has impressed greatly this term, particularly in the Uefa Cup - which saw Sporting reach the final before succumbing to CSKA Moscow.

On route to the final Sporting dispatched of Middlesbrough and Newcastle and now Magpies chief Graeme Souness is considering a swoop for Ricardo - who has also been watched by Arsenal and Liverpool in recent months.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 5/21/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i like this keeper, he aint as boring as some lol, you know what i mean, he has some life to him

i hope he does move to the premiership, i dont see arsenal going for him cos lehmann looks to be back on track.

i wonder though with newcastle as given is being linked away, could this be a replacement?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
his agent is saying hey guys, there is intrest in my client

The agent of Sporting keeper Ricardo has admitted that there is interest from England in the Portuguese international.

Newcastle have been strongly linked with a move for the 29-year-old, and his agent Nuno Baptista confirmed to skysports.com that Premiership teams, amongst others across Europe, were eyeing his client.

Ricardo is well known in England for his key role in dumping Sven Goran Eriksson's side out of Euro 2004, and caught the eye of both Arsenal and Liverpool whilst impressing during Sporting's run to the Uefa Cup final.

link

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Arsenal are stepping up their interest in Ricardo, with the Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper set for talks on his future after Portugal's upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Ricardo has been strongly linked with a summer move to The Premiership, with Liverpool and Newcastle United also on his trail.

Newcastle are reportedly ready to offer Hugo Viana as a makeweight in a deal for Ricardo but Arsenal could now beat their Premiership rivals to the punch.

link

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
Magpies chief Graeme Souness is considering a swoop for Ricardo - who has also been watched by Arsenal and Liverpool in recent months.

If Souness lets Given go i will never step foot in St James' Park again.

Souness is going to destroy our team this summer just like Gullit and Dagleish did!

Given CANNOT be replaced! There is only Petr Cech that is as good as him in England and only a handful that are better than him in the world!

Apart from the fact i dont like Ricardo because of the UEFA cup and Euro 2004, i really dont rate him!

Keep given and buy a decent centre back to partner Boumsong (until Taylor matures a bit) and N/csle will stop conceding stoopid goals!!!!!

:bounce:
:bounce:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
yer, i think they need to keep him.

to replace him is going to cost alot of money.

Is souness really that dumb though to sell him?

whats happened to Bramble? when he got bought from Ipswich he was supposed to be good?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
whats happened to Bramble? when he got bought from Ipswich he was supposed to be good?

He's getting better (slowly).

He needs an older defender to show him the ropes and since Boumsong arrived he seems to be getting better!

I think we'll see a different player in Bramble next season!

But Taylor is the defender to keep an eye on!!!!!
He's gonna be the next Rio or Terry!

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If they are interested in Ricardo then Given could be on his way, but i read that Arsenal are going to try to sign Ricardo...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yer. i aint heard of this Taylor guy, maybe he will turn out good but it is important to have good players with him to help him out and get better like you say Mickey Dee

and yer, lol

Ricardo, i thought he was alrite to be honest. If Given is leaving well there is going to a replacement for him.

Ricardo. are arsenal going to cut there losses with Lehmann?

top topics

join