It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Robert in another blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
is robert going to get booted out the club

Laurent Robert has plunged his future at Newcastle into further doubt with another outburst against the beleaguered club.

The temperamental French winger has been dropped in recent weeks by boss Graeme Souness for his comments in the build-up to the club's exit from the Uefa Cup, and has now hit out again at his manger, claiming that the team are much better off when he plays.

The Magpies have endured a torrid run of form recently, and had seemed to be finishing the season strongly before the unseemly on-pitch brawl between Kieron Dyer and Lee Bowyer.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 4/26/05 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like he could well be going in the summer. I don't think he is a bad player, just doesn't seem to fit in and its looking more like he doesn't fit into Souness' plans..

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
he must have preffered it under Robson, with souness coming in and his approach its a change and robert aint happy with it. i think its the stage where robert is doing what he can do get souness to put him on the market

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Robert merely speaks the truth.

Last time he said we were better last year!

TRUE!

This time he said when he plays we win, when he doesnt we lose!

ALSO TRUE!

The problem is Souness, he cannot manage a club like Newcastle and he must be replaced in the summer.

But By Who???

Shepard will not want to let Souness go coz then it will make Shepard look like the fool for bringing him in, so how much longer and how many players must we lose before a suitable replacement is brought in???

Come on O'Neil, leave scotland and come to the toon!!!

:party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
O'neil will never go to Newcastle, he will be looking for a much better and high profile job than that if/when he leaves Celtic.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
He will not go to Newcastle!

I'd have booted Robert out at Xmas, he is a lazy waste of talent who, although good, is not as good as he thinks he is.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

O'neil will never go to Newcastle, he will be looking for a much better and high profile job than that if/when he leaves Celtic.

Then he might aswell retire now.
Whats the point in taking a job at a fully established club like Man U etc???
There would be no challenge for him and thats what managment is all about!
Thats why Mouriniho is just silly. Any manager could do his job.

And as for Robert...What exactly has he done wrong????NOTHING!!!

Robert speaks the truth and Souness and Shepard dont like that!

And all you Bellamy haters out there will be glad to know that Souness has invited him back to the club for pre-season training!!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i dunno. O'Neill doesnt have any connection to newcaslte, hes been at leicester, in England, i think he would only go to Man Utd. i dont see it being chelsea or arsenal. liverpool dont need him. Jol looks secure at spurs. o'leary is safe so i cant see it.

i didnt know bellamy has been allowed to come back, i cant see him staying though

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i think Bellamy to go back for pre season is just to make him try harder to find another club, that the way the paper sounded

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Then he might aswell retire now.
Whats the point in taking a job at a fully established club like Man U etc???
There would be no challenge for him and thats what managment is all about!
Thats why Mouriniho is just silly. Any manager could do his job.

And as for Robert...What exactly has he done wrong????NOTHING!!!

Robert speaks the truth and Souness and Shepard dont like that!

And all you Bellamy haters out there will be glad to know that Souness has invited him back to the club for pre-season training!!!

Jose Mourinho is a class manager, it doesn't matter what players you have at the club, it's about getting them to play and winning matches. As for Utd the club are in a period of transition, they need to reshape the squad and a fresh manager could do that, although they are established financially there is a lot of work to do on the pitch.

Robert disrupts the squad morale by making comments that should be kept behind closed doors. Moaning in general to the press is never a good idea for a player and it won't get him anywhere apart from transferred.

He is back because Celtic won't match the transfer fee! Expect him to be gone by the summer.

top topics

join