It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Souness plans summer raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Graeme Souness has confirmed he will make sweeping changes this summer, to try to make Newcastle a force in English football.

Souness watched his side bow out of Europe this week, blowing a 2-0 aggregate lead to lose 4-2 on aggregate to Sporting in the Uefa Cup.

The former Rangers boss wants bring in a whole new core of players, and the suggestions are that he will be given £25 million to do it.

link

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i think there is going to be alot of transfers in and out at newcastle. there is talk of butt leaving, i think kluivert will be gone too. dyer, robert and bowyer, there a chance they might leave aswell

i think they will need another striker and a defender, so if he has 25 million to spend, i think its easy enought money

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The players you say could definatly be on their way out of Newcastle. A striker will be a main priority, due to the fact that Shearer will be packing it in after next season. It's a shame about the stuff with Bellamy as he is a decent striker. I think they may struggle a bit with signings to be honest, if they do out them players, what other top stars do they have that are going to attract players to Newcastle?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
if all those players did leave, it would give him easy 35 million plus to spend on players i would imagine... unless the 25 he is getting is cos those players are being sold lol.

other than them, i guess Jenas and Boumsong are there big name players. they would have to sign alot of players to replace them and soo much changes in a summer sometimes doesnt work out

top topics

join