It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Alkmaar eye Kluivert

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

AZ Alkmaar are ready to move for Newcastle’s Patrick Kluivert.
The Dutch outfit have been the surprise package in De Eredivisie this season and they look all set to claim second place and a shock place in the UEFA Champions League. Louis van Gaal has already been confirmed as coach for next season and in Dirk Scheringa - they have the wealthiest chairman in Holland. Now AZ are fighting to hold on to current stars Joris Mathijsen, Denny Landzaat and Jan Kromkamp and they feel attracting other big names could be the best way of keeping their current prized assets.

LINK

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Newcastle are just plain mad if they sell a talent like Kluivert! His first touch is amazing and he makes just about every goal WHEN he's playing!
If we can hold on to him until Shearer retires i think he'll partner quite nicely with Owen if he comes in the summer (Fingers crossed)

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Kluivert is a great player, dunno what has happened to him at Newcastle. I was expecting much better things for him for sure. It will be interesting to see if they do hold on to him and how well he does next season. Souness does have the team playing much better, well what i've seen of them on the TV and he might just get the best out of Kluivert...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Souness does have the team playing much better

He does indeed. I really didnt think he could do it and was one of the first to slate him when he arrived but ive been made to eat my own words.

BUT Newcastle have only started winning again since Terry Mcdermott arrived again so who is the real genius???

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Mcdermott was a great player in his day and seems to have made the transition to a coach really well. I bet he doesn't any crap either. Kluivert hasn't exactly impressed since he went to Newcastle, from what i've seen of him. Some players just don't make it in the prem league and maybe he is one of them?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i think kluivert is a top player, when he was at baca, he was amazing sometimes and stunk on other occasions.

i think sometimes, he doesnt look like hes fighting to be inlovled in the action and may look lazy, i think thats his sytle. he wants to playn neet football.

this alkmaar team though have been a real suprise, and are a good side. with van gaal taking over, the chance for kluivert to link up with his former boss may prove too strong

top topics

join