It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Dyer score more - i want to win fans over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Graeme Souness has challenged Kieron Dyer to become the goalscoring midfielder Newcastle United have been lacking for some time.

Dyer produced one of his best performances of the season in the win over Bolton Wanderers on Sunday, and he grabbed the winning goal his display merited 20 minutes from time.

Souness claims Dyer has been focused on his football for some time and is now starting to reap the rewards.

link

[Edited on 3/18/05 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Its about time he fulfilled his promise. Dyer looked so good a few years ago and i know the injurys he got set him back, but he has yet to really show what he can do.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
yip. tottaly agree with you there, he was looking amazing after just joining newcastle. but with injuries, it really did stop him getting better.

will he ever get back to his best?

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You would like to think so for an England perspective. He seems to be having a good run from injury but still has yet to really sparkle. Maybe the injurys have taken their toll a bit on him, who knows.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
wasnt the thing harming his international career down to him playing on the left? i dont think they could find his best position

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To be honest i can't really remember, just like the last time he had a real decent game. Both seem to have been so long ago..

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Kieron Dyer believes that the best way he can win back the support of Newcastle's fans is by helping them win the silverware they so desire.

Dyer's form has been key to Newcastle's recent upturn in form, but he has yet to win over supporters after a high-profile incident early in the season when he refused to play under Sir Bobby Robson.

Dyer publicly apologised for his indiscretion, caused when then-manager Robson asked him to play out of position, but the fans were understandably dismayed by the England international's attitude.

link

new topics

top topics

join