It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Kluivert: I will be a success

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Patrick Kluivert has vowed to prove his worth to Newcastle and has shrugged off talk of an early exit from the club. The Dutch star, who arrived at St James' Park from Barcelona last summer, has struggled to fulfil his obvious potential during his time in England thus far.

The 28-year-old has failed to cement a first-team berth, and even the recent departure of Craig Bellamy has not led to him being handed a starting role. Boss Graeme Souness claimed earlier in the week that he had rejected an approach from Osasuna for Kluivert because he was confident the former Ajax and Milan star would come good on Tyneside. The striker has now promised to repay his manager's faith and prove he has what it takes to cut it in England.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
it makes you wonder whats going on here, hes at barcelona getting a huge wage, leaves for newcastle as barca wanted shot of him. and hes been struggling for games, but osuanso being linked to him, i think thats bascially meaning, he aint the player he was or thought he was

i think he will improve, when hes trying and playing well, hes good to watch,

he better start improving though, cos if he dont, he might be out

Patrick Kluivert has been informed that his Newcastle destiny is in his own hands.

Dutch international Kluivert has shown only glimpses of his undoubted talent since moving to Tyneside on a free transfer from Barcelona.

Injuries have not helped the forward's cause, but he performed with credit against Heerenveen on Thursday before proving the match-winner against Chelsea in the FA Cup.

link

new topics

join