It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Bernard in Juve's sights

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Newcastle full back Olivier Bernard is being linked with a January transfer to Italian titans Juventus.

Bernard has been a consistent figure for The Magpies, but he would appear to be on his way out of St James' Park as talks over a new deal have failed to bear fruit.

The defender has suggested he would happily stay with Newcastle, provided they match his contract demands.

The two sides have failed to reach a suitable agreement and it is being suggested that Newcastle have resigned themselves to losing the French full back in January.

With Newcastle bringing in a left back for January in the form of Celestine Babayaro, it could be that manager Graeme Souness feels he can allow Bernard to move on from Tyneside.

Bernard's displays have caught the eye of a clutch of teams, with his rampaging style down the left flank attracting some of Europe's big hitters.

There are few bigger clubs in Europe than Juventus and it is being claimed that coach Fabio Capello has set his sights on luring Bernard to Turin.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
am suprised at this one, though, i think he will leave the club, and with babayoro signing, i dont see him staying.

but juve after him? lol. they got the guy zambrotta who seems to get the left back position. maybe as they are going for the seria A and the champions league they want more depth

TRD

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thing is he does look good going forward from out of defence and gets down the wing well. He would suit Juve's style of play aswell..

I dunno if he will go though...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
yer, hes a good wee player, he better attacking than defending though i think, so. i wonder, with italy teams they are patient, how would he fit into a backline that is so tight.

though, with what i have seen of juve playing this season, there right and left back go forward alot

top topics

join