It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Bernard contract saga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
oliver bernard of newcastle is wanting a new contract at st. james park but only if its improved,

Souness feels the contract is good enough for him

"Our offer is a great offer," said Souness.

"He should remember this club worked hard to get him here and keep him here.

"If Olivier's got something better he's a very, very lucky boy."

link

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
bernard comes back saying along the lines of, am a man of my words, if the contract aint up to my standars am going

"It's not difficult, I'm still playing and as long as that is happening then I'm enjoying it here. But if I have to go, I will. That's it."

*link dont want to work*

[Edited on 12/13/04 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
He did that before and we (West ham) was going to sign him and he did a u-turn on us. It sounds like he has no loyalty and will just go where the money is.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
newcastle hit back

"Contrary to comments made by Olivier Bernard on several occasions, Newcastle United's representative dealing with the matter has confirmed unequivocally today that the player has received and knows about all the club's contract offers," read a statement on the club's website.

"The club is therefore perplexed over the player's continued allegations that he has yet to see an offer.

"The club's policy is naturally not to conduct contract negotiations through the media but on this occasion feels it must publicly reject Bernard's statement."

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe its not the offer he wants...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the one i heard is fulham might be offered bernard in exchange for boa morte plus some cash

TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well they do want Boa Morte...

The longer it goes on the more likely he wont be going anywhere..

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i think the thing it was saying is fulham aint got a leftback at the minute, a guy called boneerga? is injured along with boniseel. and newcastle are trying to tempt coleman to take bernard

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bernard won't go, i don't think he does. He won't get pushed out of the club like they seem to be doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Bernard won't go, i don't think he does. He won't get pushed out of the club like they seem to be doing.

yer, he is happy to milk the wages

new topics

top topics

join