It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Toon to bid for Giggs

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Newcastle are set to make a 4m bid for Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs in January - sparking Laurent Robert's exit from St James' Park.

Graeme Souness is keen to put his own stamp on the playing staff, having taken over a squad assembled by Sir Bobby Robson.

The Magpies boss is set to be given around 15million to spend on new players in a bid to secure Champions League football for next season.

And according to The Sun around 4million of that warchest could be heading in the direction of Old Trafford, as Souness is keen to reunite Giggs with his former Manchester United team-mate Nicky Butt.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The way he played today i think they might reconsider letting him go..

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
is that right that Giggs might be allowed to leave? only for 4 million? is he out of contract at the end of the season, selling beckham and if he goes too, they lost butt and keane cant go on for much longer, that is the root of there team gone then

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think Giggs has turned round and said that he doesn't want to go anywhere.

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Manchester United's Ryan Giggs has played down speculation linking him with a move to Newcastle United.

The 31-year-old has 18 months left on his current contract at Old Trafford and Giggs has already shunned a one-year extension, as he wants a longer deal.

Speculation has linked him with Bolton, but reports this week claimed Newcastle were set to make a £4 million bid in January.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
woah! speculation linking him with bolton. that shows how far they have came. and to land giggs for 4 million would be a steal. on his day the guys great. i think he aint the player he used to be.

top topics

join