It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother will be watching you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 10:46 AM
link   
By Ben Webster, Transport Correspondent

MOTORISTS living in Central London will be spied on by a network of cameras and may have to explain their movements under Ken Livingstone�s congestion charge scheme for the capital.
The Mayor of London is demanding that the drivers waive certain rights under the Data Protection Act to obtain a discount on the �5 daily charge. Motoring groups said that the monitoring scheme �smacks of Big Brother�.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
By Ben Webster, Transport Correspondent

MOTORISTS living in Central London will be spied on by a network of cameras and may have to explain their movements under Ken Livingstone�s congestion charge scheme for the capital.
The Mayor of London is demanding that the drivers waive certain rights under the Data Protection Act to obtain a discount on the �5 daily charge. Motoring groups said that the monitoring scheme �smacks of Big Brother�.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

It stinks of big brother I tell ya. It's 2012 and we are a terrorist attack away from total global lockdown by governments. Big brother is almost everywhere watching and recording our every online and offline activities. and people are quite upset about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nyeff

I have never understood why public elected officials get to enact laws without the people firts voting on those laws. It should not be that we elect officials to enact laws. They should only be able to write laws that the people vote on enacting or rejecting. In other words the officials recongise a problem, and suggest a solution, but the people decide if that solution is enacted or not. It is a better way. Then there is no Big Brother unless the people vote it in.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakflat1
reply to post by nyeff

I have never understood why public elected officials get to enact laws without the people firts voting on those laws. It should not be that we elect officials to enact laws. They should only be able to write laws that the people vote on enacting or rejecting. In other words the officials recongise a problem, and suggest a solution, but the people decide if that solution is enacted or not. It is a better way. Then there is no Big Brother unless the people vote it in.

I've thought about this too. If the elected government want to pass a new law or introduce a whole bunch of legal acts then the public must have the final vote as to it's approval. But of course that is not going to happen because elected governments are selfish and misguided and deem the rest of us as too dumb to make a more informed choice than themselves.

We could do with a new kind of political party that is going to change the established system from the inside out and lay down a more acceptable foundation and build a better functioning government structure that does not pander to the corporations when it introduces new policies. And if we cant do that then I guess we deserve all we get with invasive government.

top topics

join