It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Souness wants Defensive duo

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Newcastle manager Graeme Souness has confirmed that Chelsea defender Robert Huth is on his New Year shopping list.

The Magpies have identified the 20-year-old and Nottingham Forest's Michael Dawson as targets as they attempt to replace Jonathan Woodgate, who left St James' Park for Real Madrid in August.

Newcastle have been interested in both players for some time and their need to strengthen at the back in the wake of Woodgate's £13.4million departure is no secret.

However, Chelsea will be keen to hang on to promising youngster Huth, who is currently behind the likes of John Terry, William Gallas and Ricardo Carvalho in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.

Suggestions that Kieron Dyer could be involved in a swap deal, along with a sizeable cash adjustment persist, although Souness appeared to play that down.

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
hmmm...am not sure huth or dawson will be good enough for newcastle. huth might lack match fitness too. i dont think they in the class of a fully fit woodgate

i cant see dyer going in a swap deal to chelsea. i dont think mourhino would want him

TRD

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dawson looks a good prospect but he might not be ready to take the step up. As for Huth i don't rate him at all...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
he been saying, we will only get real class etc. big players who will do the job well. huth not getting a game at chelsea and dawson un tested in the prem are big players who will set the league alite

TRD

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Chelsea defender Robert Huth is set to reject advances from Newcastle United in the January transfer window and stay at Stamford Bridge.

Magpies boss Graeme Souness has confirmed an interest in The Blues stopper with the North East club even making an enquiry for the German.

However, Huth's agent Manfred Schult has stated his client is happy at Chelsea and is waiting patiently to land a place in Jose Mourinho's star-studded outfit.

Skysports

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
he is supposed to be after bobo balde now

new topics

top topics

join