It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Butt: Toon saved my career!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Nicky Butt says that his move to Newcastle saved his career, and has now targeted silverware at St James' Park.

Butt was spending too much time on the bench at Old Trafford for his liking, and was seeing his international chances slipping away as a result.

After having a word with Sir Alex Ferguson it was decided that he could leave The Red Devils, and he duly headed for Newcastle.

New Magpies boss Graeme Souness has kept faith with Butt and he has settled himself into the heart of his midfield.

Butt operated in the same role for England in their win over Wales on Saturday, and should do the same against Azerbaijan on Wednesday.

The 29-year-old says the move was the right decision for his career, and believes Newcastle can challenge for major honours.

Sky Sports

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yer, i think it was time for him to move on, he wasnt going to get many games at man utd. and for him to be in the england team it best he is playing

newcastle are big club so this should do the world of good for him

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think he has done well at Newcastle so far and he had a good game for England against Wales. He was going a bit stale at Man United and seem to be out of favour with Fergie for some reason.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i think when fergie takes a grudge against a player of a dislike, your finished lol

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah it looks that way....

Butt, Beckham, Jap Stam......

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't think it was Fergies grudge that Beckham went. It was the poor performances and media circus that follows him around.

I think Man U could have done with Butt this year, he's doing great at Newcastle.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why did he let Butt go then as he said he didn't need him?

top topics

join