It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Shearer wants 350

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Alan Shearer is keeping his fingers crossed that he gets a chance to make up for the one that got away as Newcastle return to UEFA Cup action in Israel on Thursday night.

The 34-year-old scored what he thought was the 350th league and cup goal of his career on Saturday as he wrapped up his side's 3-1 Barclays Premiership victory over West Brom four minutes from time.

However, he flew to Tel Aviv, where United take on Hapoel Bnei Sakhnin at the Ramat Gan Stadium, having learnt that his previous strike in the 2-1 win at Southampton has new been credited as an own goal to David Prutton.

Shearer is a man who jealously guards his goals and will not have been pleased by the decision, and that could be bad news for the Israeli minnows.

link

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
look like he grabbed it the other night in europe, i think he got a hat trick, but wow! 350 goals, i remember his days when he just left southampton to sign for blackburn, i think he got goals in him and might even hit 400 before he retires

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Although Shearer has scored 350 goals during his time as a player, in the offensive position; Newcastle have yet to win a trophy. It's as if Shearer is doing just enough to keep Newcastle from being relegated, to play that extra year in the premiership.

He also wasn't impressive during his English campaign, which also explained why England kept losing to Romania and/or Sweden; hence ruining their chances at making it the round of 16. This is disregarding SK/JP02.

TRD

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Newcastle have not been in danger of getting relegated, but yeah your right he has led the forward line and kept them winning over the years. They have Kluivert now who is a great player to team up with him.

Wasnt impressive during his England campaign? You have got to be kidding
He was one of the best strikers we had in a long while just check his stats...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Shocking stuff from websurfer, Shearer was and is an absolute legend! He lead the line for England and even when he wasn't scoring contributed so much to the team.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well said Teflon....

Just his physical presence upfront is enough to scare defenses even at his age now. He is still as dangerous as ever.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Love to have him at the Hammers!

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Love to have him at the Hammers!

Man we would love to have anyone at the moment....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
shearer has been good where ever he has been, remember him and sutton for blackburn, and at newcastle, the ammount of goals he got, for england he has been really good, he got ambition and is determined, although, i think he is one of those players you love to hate lol. i think sven has tried get him to change his mind on plenty occasions

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeah they tried to get him to come back at the Euro's..

Yeah the S.A.S combination at Blackburn was awesome....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What was funny about that situation was Sven never actually asked him to come back. Shearer said he wouln't even consider it unless the manager spoke with him!

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He never?

I thought he said he would like him to come out of retirement and be able to link up with the squad.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
it was all paper/media talk about him coming back then and the talks between him and sven?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah it was all paper hype, Sven left it too late.
What he then said to the paper was, 'I couldn't guarantee him a starting place'. Basically killed it then!

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bloody swede doesn't know what he is doing......

new topics

top topics

join