It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Souness to newcastle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i dont think this is the manager newcastle wanted

New Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has revealed he is excited at the prospect of taking over at St James' Park.

Souness quit Rovers on Monday to take charge at Newcastle as successor to Sir Bobby Robson

link

[Edited on 9/8/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
with this move happening i wonder whats going to happen to shearer taking over next season, is that out the window now? i dont see souness just going there for a season.

heard a story not that long ago souness tried sign shearer for blackburn.

what you think, is this taking newcastle forwards or backwards?

TRD

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To be honest this was a big shock to me when i heard it on the radio today.

I thought they was going to get O'leary. Vila wanted 2 million compo for him and Newcastle only wanted to pay 1 million. I hope he decided not to go and it wasn't the money thing as i think getting Souness is a bad thing for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
O'Leary would have been a good move, hes doing a great job at aston villa. wonder if he will try help out Rangers buy buying there players like he did at blackburn lol

TRD

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well to be honest, what has Souness actually done at blackburn?

Not a lot.

You can't say he was never given the money to spend and i thought he got in some real good players. Makes you wonder why they havn't done that well.

I say it was Souness, he is a crap manager and couldn't get the team motivated and playing well. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackburn under a new manager suddenly find a bit of form.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
heres there care taker manageer for the meantime

Blackburn have named Tony Parkes as caretaker manager following Graeme Souness' departure to Newcastle.

Souness left Blackburn on Monday to succeed Sir Bobby Robson at St James' Park.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Tony Parkes? Wasn't he a goalkeeper?

Well best thing for them to get a familiar face in the role untill they find a new manager. I don't think they will wait long as Blackburn are quite a big club.

It will be interesting to see who they will get. I wonder if Strachan could be tempted, now that would be a great choice.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
not sure if am right on this but doesnt souness usually play a 3-5-2 (3 centre backs), well, i cant see them having defenders for that. there a rumour that he wants to buy barry ferguson from blackburn.

i wonder about dyer, i think his future will be in the balance

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
shearer think this is a good move
lol,

Newcastle captain Alan Shearer has welcomed the arrival of Graeme Souness as the new manager at St James' Park.

Shearer, who himself was tipped to take control, has revealed that he his delighted that the former Liverpool boss has moved to Tyneside from Blackburn Rovers.

link

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a few of the backroom staff have left to follow him

Graeme Souness has completed his first raid on his former club Blackburn after three of the backroom staff followed him to Newcastle United.

Souness has been widely tipped to take a number of his team with him to St James' Park and he has not disappointed.

link

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
am wondering about shearer saying this is a good choice etc

i feel shearer is the leader of the pack (as the sayin goes) that the new caslte players look up to most. he said souness got great experience but bobby robson has been around way longer than him. i think this is to make him welcome.

if they dont get in the champions league you think that will be failure, they did bring a few players in during the summer althogh they lost woodgate.

i think blackburn are going to be in disaray for the time being, maybe the caretaker will do good

TRD

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One thing Souness is good at is that he doesn't take no crap. He will sort out the likes of Robert, Bellamy ect ect. He won't stand for any of their nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
LOL, i have just noticed 'Souness to blackburn' as the title thread. what a bad mistake lol

yer, i agree with you TRD, i wonder about bowyer too, will he be safe from the hands of souness

TRD

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hehe yeah best you edit the title...

I read in the paper today something i tought was quite interesting.

Dalglish was the Liverpool manager and left to be the Blackburn manager. Souness took the hotseat at Liverpool.

Then Dalglish left Blackburn to become Newscatles new manager and guess what Souness left Liverpool to be Blackburn boss.

Now he is at Newcastle.....

Strange or just coincidence?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
hehe thanks for pointing that out, maybe its a trail he has to follow, guess this is the end of the line though as Dalglish was at celtic, and no way will he (Souness) go there lol

hehe, i changed the title

Souness tells he aint standing for any messing from the players

Newcastle United's new chief Graeme Souness has insisted he will not hold back on anyone as he looks to turn the North East giants around.

Souness was named as the shock successor to Sir Bobby Robson earlier this week.

link

[Edited on 9/8/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
he offically takes over on monday and admits its a big job

Graeme Souness officially takes charge of Newcastle United on Monday confident that he is taking on one of the biggest jobs in football.

The fiery Scot has experience of managing clubs with high expectations, having previously been in charge at Liverpool and Rangers and the new chief at St James' Park sees similar parallels.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well with all the trouble players at the club it is a big job....

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
he was suppposed to have been quoted saying 'if a player plays to bad games then hes droped, wonder if dyer and bellamy will improve there attitude now?

top topics

join