It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Newcastle want Rooney, 30 million may be bid

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Newcastle United are planning an audacious 30million swoop for Everton sensation Wayne Rooney. A leading bank has been asked to finance the deal and the Toon are waiting for the green light. Newcastle have already failed with a 20million bid for Rooney.

With Rooney yet to sign for Everton and anything could happen yet and he would be a ideal replacement for Alan Shearer.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
With Rooney yet to sign for Everton and anything could happen yet and he would be a ideal replacement for Alan Shearer.

No he wouldn't. He's just a fatman runing around like a chicken without a head. lol Newcastle would be better off without him. We'll see how all this media attention will affect his performance next season.

TRD

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
No he wouldn't. He's just a fatman runing around like a chicken without a head. lol Newcastle would be better off without him. We'll see how all this media attention will affect his performance next season.

LMAO! I dunno what games and who you watch but Rooney is definatly a talent and in the right side he will be a great player.

He has been grabbing the media attention for the last year or so and it certainly didn't affect his England performances at the euro's as he was one of the best players in the tournament.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
His realtionship to his fiancee was terminated after the Euros when the slut he screwed around with in the washroom accused him of being butt ugly.

TRD

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
His realtionship to his fiancee was terminated after the Euros when the slut he screwed around with in the washroom accused him of being butt ugly.

Sooo?? Whats the point?

You telling me it doesn't happen everyday to thousands of people around the world? People break up so what, it isn't a big deal. And it seems they are talking and have been out since. Just because they are famous doesn't mean that a thing like that will affect them. It's a thing that happens in everyday life and they are no different to you and me. You just get on with it.

When he comes back from injury he will be the same player.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i dont see it happening this season, not while there is Shearer, bellamy and now kluivert. maybe next season thought when shearer retires but i think kluivert will be wanting that spot

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
hehe, it looks like am sooo wrong in my last post

heres an update on the situaiton

Sky Sports News have claimed that Newcastle United have made a £20 million bid for Everton and England striker Wayne Rooney.
The Magpies are thought to have tabled the massive bid for the England international as they look to spend some of the money from the sale of Jonathan Woodgate.

link

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hehe they are only two days behind me with the news lol!

Well he still hasn't signed a new contract with Everton and they seem to be coping without Rooney. Thing is he wanted to go to Man United and they have been saying there is no money and stuff. But if the bid is accepted by Everton, i wouldn't be surprised if Man United match the offer. They won't want to let another one slip by as Rio Ferdinand did and having to pay alot more to get him further down the line.

If everyone remembers when Ferdinand was at West Ham, Man U bid 6 million for him even before he played in the first team. then they offered 14 million for him and Joe Cole which was still rejected. When West Ham decided to sell Rio, Leeds offered 18.5 million and West Ham accepted it. Man United gave it the large and said they wouldn't pay that much for him and a few seasons later they paid well over 23 million for him. (i can't remember exactly how much)..

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
heres the latest developments

Newcastle have moved to reject rumours that their interest in Wayne Rooney is part of a conspiracy to enable Manchester United to sign him.

The Magpies have tabled a £20 million bid for the England international as they look to spend some of the money from the sale of Jonathan Woodgate to Real Madrid.

link

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
another developement that confirms newcastle are very interested

Newcastle United manager Sir Bobby Robson has described Wayne Rooney as "sensational" and praised chairman Freddy Shepherd for "putting his money where his mouth is".

The Magpies have made a £20 million bid for Everton's hot property and, although the offer was rejected by the Merseysiders, the Rooney situation is threatening to continue to dominate the headlines until the transfer window closes next week

link

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
newcastle chairman remains hopefull over rooney

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd remains hopeful that the club will be successful in their attempts to sign Wayne Rooney.

The Magpies have had two bids of £20 million and £23.5 million rejected by Everton for the teenage striker.

link

TRD

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wayne Rooney has handed in a transfer request at Everton so it looks like the bidding wars will begin. This is exactly what Everton wanted so they could bump the price up for Rooney.

I think it will be around 28 million, maybe 30 million.

new topics

top topics

join